X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arralen
    Swordsman
    • May 2007

Scallywag (PC game, roguelikeish)

If we start announcing 'corporate' games here, I could as well I think.

I just wanted to mention that a single player PC game has been released some time ago that may be of interest to *band players:

Scallywag - In the Lair of Medusa

I had nothing to do with it - other than being a beta-tester for Shrapnel Games ;-)

It does not have anything to do with Diablo or Sacred - but it is much more a 3D variant of angband than anything else I've seen.

Features:
    - there are 'shrooms with various effects
    - a lamp that is running out of oil
    - an end boss that starts with "M"
    - one random dungeon
    - themed levels
    - permadeath
    - items (combinable)
    - bosses (nasty)
    - great modability (is that even a word?)

This is not a Big Corporate Title. I hope some other *band players out there may enjoy it.

Found irony? Keep it !
    No, I don't have a clue 'bout C, and I'm not starting my own variant.
    Never. Ever.
  • getter77
    Adept
    • Dec 2009

From discovering it on my own elsewhere a ways back, I have the intent to liven things up with this game as a grand exercise before chasing after making a game from scratch---likely doubling as a crossover/feature replication exercise with Torchlight as it is the only roughly comparable title with Scallywag hewing closer to the Roguelike sensibilities.

I look forward to one day sampling out the many, (graphical) maintained/updated/developed *bands as I can get around to them. I've got to be rather strategic time wise with Project Roguelike Renaissance form Roguetemple afterall.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎