X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Delver
    Rookie
    • May 2009

Anyone remember Kamband?

I read about the Kamband somewhere. It looked like a neat variant, but it seems to be dead. Anyone here with first hand experience?
  • Magnate
    Angband Devteam member
    • May 2007

Originally posted by Delver
    I read about the Kamband somewhere. It looked like a neat variant, but it seems to be dead. Anyone here with first hand experience?
    It's one of the deadest variants there is - it was among the very first - I think only Fangband a Bangband are of similar vintage (note that that's F, not FA). It's a miracle that it still compiles and runs, as it hasn't been maintained in well over a decade. It was quite influential on V and a lot of later variants, IIUC. Can't tell you more than that because I've never played it - but I have a copy archived somewhere just in case.
    "Been away so long I hardly knew the place, gee it's good to be back home" - The Beatles

Comment

• pampl
      RePosBand maintainer
      • Sep 2008

In case you want to try it out:

Looking at the changes, it looks mostly like a precursor to TOME. Mimics, Deathmolds, Fates, the whole religious system, Lost Souls, etc. There's some strange stuff like playing as a vortex and item durability too.

Comment

• Delver
        Rookie
        • May 2009

Good. I was hesitant on trying to compile it myself. I got interested because I heard it had lots of weird races/classes and some strange dungeons.

Comment

• CJNyfalt
          Swordsman
          • May 2007

Tested it some years ago. Didn't get past the town, because it annoyed me so much. This was because townpeople could steal from me, but I was not allowed to attack them without aggroing the guards.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎