• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seany C
    Swordsman
    • Apr 2007

(Z) Favour request - 2.2.8 / 2.4.0

Evening all

Would anyone have a pointer to a download location for either Z2.2.8 and/or 2.4.0. pretty please? The only version I could find that far back on sunet.se was in Japanese (I think)... (or alternatively, would anyone mind emailiing me a copy if there isn't a download location on the web)

Ta muchly,

S.

PS I'm running Windows here so a .zip would be ideal...
  • Faust
    Adept
    • Apr 2007

Try here
    ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/games/Angband/Variant/ZAngband/

Comment

• Seany C
      Swordsman
      • Apr 2007

Thanks, Faust - I tried that but both the 2.2.8 and 2.4.0 win.exe files just give me a black, blank screen when I open the unzipped exe... tsk...

Comment

• Faust
        Adept
        • Apr 2007

I just tried the 2.2.8-win.exe and it worked fine for me. Just double clicked the .exe and installed it where I wanted it, ran no problem.

Comment

• Seany C
          Swordsman
          • Apr 2007

Hmm, I must have done something wrong last night (unless it's not XP-friendly) - I'll have another go tonight.

Ta,

S.

Comment

• Daven_26d1
            Adept
            • Jun 2007

This may or may not help you, but I remember a problem with Z where It wouldn't load if I unzipped it to a path containing any spaces; C:\Program Files\Zangband was no good, so I moved it to C:\Zangband and that fixed the problem.

I was playing under WinXP at the time also, so it should be compatible - but you could always try using compatibility wizard to run with Win9x settings.

EDIT - I played v2.2.8
            You sold a Broken Sword (1d2) (-2,-4) {average} (j) for 1 gold.
            The shopkeeper howls in agony!
            You say "Dude, the clue is in the name...".

Comment

• Wisp
              Scout
              • Jul 2007

Had a spaces problem as well, using OmnibandTK... fixed it though, just used a space-less directory.
              Dubito, ergo cogito, ergo sum.

Comment

• Daven_26d1
                Adept
                • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Wisp
                Had a spaces problem as well, using OmnibandTK... fixed it though, just used a space-less directory.
                Now I think about it, I think my problem might have been with the ZTK components.
                You sold a Broken Sword (1d2) (-2,-4) {average} (j) for 1 gold.
                The shopkeeper howls in agony!
                You say "Dude, the clue is in the name...".

Comment

• Seany C
                  Swordsman
                  • Apr 2007

Thanks, team - funnily enough, I had no bother opening it the next evening (without any modifications at all).
                  One more query - what version of Z would people recommend? I didn't much enjoy the new Z with different dungeon types when I tried it a while back but to be fair, I didn't give it much of a chance...

Ta,

S.

Comment

• AR_chie
                    Apprentice
                    • May 2007

Originally posted by Seany C
                    Thanks, team - funnily enough, I had no bother opening it the next evening (without any modifications at all).
                    One more query - what version of Z would people recommend? I didn't much enjoy the new Z with different dungeon types when I tried it a while back but to be fair, I didn't give it much of a chance...
                    I like 2 verion of Z:

- 2.7.2 with branding attachment (2 new races, 1 new class, branding scrolls, mutation at start, and some more)
                    - 2.5.5 - that was experimetnal ver, in which chests gives you min exeptional objects

Comment

• APWhite
                      Adept
                      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Seany C

Ta,

S.
                      I recommend 240. Only because I programmed the borg to work with that version. Ooo that was a long, long task. It took at least 200 hours of programming and playtesting.
                      St George Chiropractor
                      Angband Borg Homepage

Comment

• Velvet Elvis
                        Rookie
                        • Aug 2007

OK, after mucking around a bit in h-system.h I was able to get 2.1.1c to compile with gcc 3.3 using both gcu and xaw. The problem is that I can't figure out how to limit the number of windows opened when I start it with -mxaw (-- -n1 doesn't do anything) and shift + direction doesn't work to run in gcu.

Any suggestions on how to fix either of these? Using just X11 makes no difference.

2.2.8 compiled without any source edits but has the same problems.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎