X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pseudologist
    Rookie
    • May 2009

Help

I know this is not the best place for this but I just need this question answered sooner than later I noticed that these boards are frequented daily by people who would know.

I just started playing angband 3.1.0, never played this game before. I started a ranger, I've got him to lvl 8 now and 4 floors down. But I can't figure out how to learn spells. The spellbook that came with my ranger (spells for beginners) keeps saying I don't know any spells in the book. I am high enough lvl to learn them but I have no idea how to learn the spells. Browsing the book doesn't seem to work.

I've figured out pretty much everything else in the game well enough to play but it's just the spells. I would assume my ranger can learn the spells from a book that was given to me as part of my starting gear. Also, I am a human ranger, with an INT of 17.

Anyone ?
  • buzzkill
    Prophet
    • May 2008

Really. Just post your question once, in the appropriate thread. It WILL get answered, probably very, very quickly.
    www.mediafire.com/buzzkill - Get your 32x32 tiles here. UT32 now compatible Ironband and Quickband 9/6/2012.
    My banding life on Buzzkill's ladder.

Comment

• Dark
      Apprentice
      • Apr 2009

Hi.

The "Vanilla" forum is the place for questions about the original Angband game, ----- Vanilla Angband as it's known.

this part of the boards is for discussion of the many varient games of Angband, and so not the right place for this type of question.

Nevertheless, you can gain new spells by using the gain command, ---- shift g in the default keyset.

I believe it's shift l or just l in the roguelike keysite, but as I play with the originals I'm not certain.

Hth.

Comment

• Nolendil
        Adept
        • May 2007

It's Shift+G with roguelike keyset too.
        Btw, the question was already answered twice (in the two other copies of this post) ^^'
        This thread should be locked.

EDIT: No problem, Dark, I was just informing.
        Last edited by Nolendil; May 12, 2009, 13:02.
        A(3.2.0) C "Angdiira II" DP L:36 DL:44(2200') A+ R+ Sp w:Whip of Westernesse(+10,+10)(+2)
        A Mx H- D c-- f- PV+ s- d P++ M+
        C- S-- I So B++ ac GHB- SQ+ RQ++ V+

Comment

• Dark
          Apprentice
          • Apr 2009

Sorry, I didn't see the repeats, much less the actual answering when I answered this one.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎