X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rayj
    Rookie
    • May 2009

Wine...

It's worth noting that the Windows binary runs fine under Wine. Well, resizing the window is broken, and there are a few other limitations, but it is certainly playable. I don't like having to use Wine, though, especially when the only thing keeping me from running it normally is my own ignorance...

Comment

• PaulBlay
      Knight
      • Jan 2009

I went through the linux fix files, and was wondering if this was because there is no ~/.Xdefaults directory on my machine.
      Have you tried installing with

configure --with-noinstall

?

(Just a total guess).

I think you'll have to delete the folder and start from a fresh set of files by the way.
      Currently turning (Angband) Japanese.

Comment

• rayj
        Rookie
        • May 2009

Well, I would, but that would involve writing a configure script...there isn't one in the source. I am very much interested in what it takes to do this, but it will be quite some time before I can do this sort of thing. I'm essentially an Ubuntu-bred linux newb, and while I can work some basic scripts, configuring source is a bit beyond my current abilities...

Poking around in config.h only reveals angband-specific configurations. I'm going to look around h-config.h a bit and see if I can understand anything.

Comment

• PaulBlay
          Knight
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by rayj
          Well, I would, but that would involve writing a configure script...there isn't one in the source.
          Oops. I was thinking of Vanilla Angband.
          Currently turning (Angband) Japanese.

Comment

• rayj
            Rookie
            • May 2009

It might be feasible to look at that script and modify it. I know it sounds like a bit much, but the more I learn about this stuff here...well, it never hurts to learn more. Real-life being the only significant barrier...

Later: some of it looks dangerously comprehensible, here and there. I need to get a good reference book or two, which is part of my plan anyway.
            Last edited by rayj; May 21, 2009, 21:20.

Comment

• Pete Mack
              Prophet
              • Apr 2007

You don't need .Xdefaults to run; just to set your preferences (like fonts)

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎