Wieldable staffs of detection of teleportation etc..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Malak Darkhunter
    Knight
    • May 2007

Wieldable staffs of detection of teleportation etc..

Haven't seen this in a variant yet I think, but I haven't played them all. But I thought it would be kind of neat if you use staffs of teleportaion of detection, etc.. from the magic shop as weapons, say the damage factor would be (1d6) or so. It would be kinda nifty for your mage to use his staff he purchases at the magic shop as his weapon also and help keep from a cumbersome backpack.
  • PaulBlay
    Knight
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Malak Darkhunter
    Haven't seen this in a variant yet I think, but I haven't played them all. But I thought it would be kind of neat if you use staffs of teleportaion of detection, etc.. from the magic shop as weapons, say the damage factor would be (1d6) or so. It would be kinda nifty for your mage to use his staff he purchases at the magic shop as his weapon also and help keep from a cumbersome backpack.
    On critical hit it creates a teleport other effect on the monster?

Incidentally, if you can think of a particular variant you'd like to see it in maybe you could christen this thread?

[EDIT]Actually why not call them 'Sceptres' and give them the artifact power to recharge-self with a very long wait time. They'd have to be quite rare though.
    Last edited by PaulBlay; February 28, 2009, 16:52.
    Currently turning (Angband) Japanese.

Comment

• Pete Mack
      Prophet
      • Apr 2007

UnAngband has this feature already. IIRC Staffs are 1d9, like a quarterstaff.

Comment

• will_asher
        DaJAngband Maintainer
        • Apr 2007

I'm planning on making staffs weildable in DaJAngband, but haven't got around to it yet.

Making them 1d9 doesn't sound like a good idea though because quarterstaffs weigh 15lb, but magic staffs weigh 5lb. It would be much easier to get multiple hits from the magic staffs.
        Last edited by will_asher; February 28, 2009, 19:56.
        Will_Asher
        aka LibraryAdventurer

My old variant DaJAngband:
        http://sites.google.com/site/dajangbandwebsite/home (defunct and so old it's forked from Angband 3.1.0 -I think- but it's probably playable...)

Comment

• Malak Darkhunter
          Knight
          • May 2007

Haven't looked at unagngband a whole lot though tried it a few times, the skill tables and stat tables got a little complicated to me and I lost interest. Simple is best sometimes, you can overcomplicate things. Staffs would have to be fairly durable I guess, can you imagine, ( The Red Dragon bat breathes fire!) ( Your staff got burned up)!

Comment

• will_asher
            DaJAngband Maintainer
            • Apr 2007

Acid doesn't affect wielded weapons, so I don't think fire would either. I should probably check to make sure though.
            Will_Asher
            aka LibraryAdventurer

My old variant DaJAngband:
            http://sites.google.com/site/dajangbandwebsite/home (defunct and so old it's forked from Angband 3.1.0 -I think- but it's probably playable...)

Comment

• CyclopsSlayer
              Swordsman
              • Feb 2009

Aren't similar effects already present on Chaos branded weapons in some variants? Polymorph, TPort other, etc...

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎