X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PaulBlay
    Knight
    • Jan 2009

Z+Angband keymaps (w/function keys?)

I'd like to assign the function keys to do stuff. (e.g. [F1] for f1c = fire inscribed-with-1 at nearest) but it doesn't seem to recognize when I press function keys. (Windows XP, latest Z+Angband version). Is there some way around that?

Alternatively is there a decent guide to keymap / macro usage I should be looking at?
    Currently turning (Angband) Japanese.
  • Daniel Fishman
    Adept
    • Apr 2007

If you want to assign the function keys to do stuff, use macros rather than keymaps.

Comment

• PaulBlay
      Knight
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Daniel Fishman
      If you want to assign the function keys to do stuff, use macros rather than keymaps.
      Thanks, that worked.

I'm sure there's some technical reason for the split between keymapping and macros ... but I probably don't want to know.
      Currently turning (Angband) Japanese.

Comment

• Mangojuice
        Z+Angband Maintainer
        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by PaulBlay
        Thanks, that worked.

I'm sure there's some technical reason for the split between keymapping and macros ... but I probably don't want to know.
        Not sure completely since I didn't work on that part of the code. But one difference is that macros take effect every time you press a key, whereas keymaps are only used during commands. I often keymap ! to "k- y "; when I use a macro instead, I can't put "!" in inscriptions as it gets replaced there also.
        -----------------------------------------
        Z+Angband: A Zangband evolution
        http://tinyurl.com/5pq2bd

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞