Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Malak Darkhunter
    Knight
    • May 2007

That would explain the artifact drops then, I'm currently on dlevel20 doing pretty good with this character build, found an rod of illumination that helps for now. The light spell must be in an artifact book. What I'm finding out is Blood Dominon I can raise to the max, spellcasting I can raise to the max, but magical power dosen't go past skill level 50, so wothout an Oath my character will never get high mana, but It's doable, I find I should be able to cast most spells without a high mana, but he's going to be a 1 or 2 shot wonder for big spells, but he is more warrior-like then a mage anyway. Going to certainly be an interesting class build to play as I go deeper.

Comment

• Malak Darkhunter
      Knight
      • May 2007

Okay Now I'm confused, I haven't talen an Oath of Black Mastery, double checked to be sure, but I am going past skill level 50 now have skill level 52 in spellcasting, magical power, and blood dominon. Anybody know what's going on? The help file say's you can't go past skill level 50 in magical power unless you take an oath. I know for sure the last version of Sang v 1.0.0. didn't let you go past the cap, that's why I quit this build last time.

Comment

• Magnate
        Angband Devteam member
        • May 2007

Originally posted by Malak Darkhunter
        Okay Now I'm confused, I haven't talen an Oath of Black Mastery, double checked to be sure, but I am going past skill level 50 now have skill level 52 in spellcasting, magical power, and blood dominon. Anybody know what's going on? The help file say's you can't go past skill level 50 in magical power unless you take an oath. I know for sure the last version of Sang v 1.0.0. didn't let you go past the cap, that's why I quit this build last time.
        I think as Joshua said, there's no cap any more - but without the oath your casting and/or mana skills are gimped (i.e. only worth half as much, half as effective).

CC
        "Been away so long I hardly knew the place, gee it's good to be back home" - The Beatles

Comment

• Malak Darkhunter
          Knight
          • May 2007

Surprisingly this character build is becoming very powerful, now on dlevel32, and starting to find scrolls of aquirement and some artifacts, stat gain potions help to. Earlier on had some trouble staying alive as he wasn't very powerful with mixed up skills, but now that all the skill levels are pretty high he has become nigh well indestructibule with careful play. Swordsmanship is at 60, spellcasting, magical power, and blood dominon is at 55. What I can't kill in melee I can with spells, has a mana rating of 28 currently so can cast several high damaging bolt spells. Conserve mana for combat only, detection is done by rods. Can cast sense are with high perception, and high magic device skill for that extra backup.(love wands of acid bolts). Without the level cap the character may become overpowered as I have chosen to take no oaths. Might be better balanced with the weaker races as I have chosen to play the race of Dunadain for that extra badness.

Comment

• Malak Darkhunter
            Knight
            • May 2007

Now I'm seeing a real problem with some spellcasting. Have my spell casting spells at 80% A few spells, detect trap, stairs, and interogation, have as of right now about a 25% fail rate. But it acts now as if it's really 50% I get as as many as 4 fail rates at a time when casting these spells, and half the time the spells fail, I would think you would get a majority of the spells to work, if your fail rate is only 25%.

Comment

• Malak Darkhunter
              Knight
              • May 2007

Just destroyed Morgoth and Sauron, best spell used (Wraithform). This spell is almost to good. It was a great advantage, going through walls and attacking enemies, it seemed like breath and ball spells weren't really effective from enemies while I was in wraithform. It was almost too easy this way, Sauron and Morgoth was a cake walk. If you hide in the walls most enemies do not summon minions to aid them, nor do they teleport away most of the time, I defeated Sauron and Morgoth both without them ever summoning any help at all. I don't know if it is desighned this way but enemies seem confused when you are in wraithform and attacking from the walls, Qualythugs just keep getting hit till they die as if they don't know your there, but you have to sneak up on them from the walls. Most monsters just try to melee you. Sauron never teleported away, just kept meleeing me till his death, things are much harder if you step out of the walls. Wraithform was the tactick of choice, but in a way things got too easy at the end. I was looking for a certain artifact for my character, I got it one time from Cantoras the skeletal lord, didn't find it this time. I think it was a Blade of Chaos highly powerful but aggravated enemies does anybody know which one it was? I am thinking now starting a dwarven warrior and turning artifacts off, relying on forging skills, without any spell abilities, any suggestions?

Comment

• Pete Mack
                Prophet
                • Apr 2007

Blade of Chaos artifact = Doomcaller. It's a wonderful weapon, second most damage in the game, behind Deathwreaker.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎