Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sky
    Veteran
    • Oct 2016

the rings of Ice are pretty good against early hydra, with the added bonus of being able to protect your potions against cold hounds. AND they are a decent source of money for those who play with selling.
    "i can take this dracolich"

Comment

• Nicodimas
      Rookie
      • Apr 2021

Well while wandering made it to DL level 40 before being killed by a Gelugon with a breath weapon of shards. This guy seemed to be really low for where he should have been.

So take a step back how much does a resistance help with breath weapons?

Comment

• Pete Mack
        Prophet
        • Apr 2007

If it's a monster you don't really recognize, look at it's lore! And yeah, that guy surely came out of a vault. He does big shards or cold damage.

Comment

• Selkie
          Swordsman
          • Aug 2020

Originally posted by Nicodimas
          With the primary elements (fire, cold, acid and lightning) resistance is massive. You can't survive a single breath without. Poison is somewhere in the middle, it's necessary and gives good resistance. Nether, shards, chaos, sound, disenchantment resistance reduces less damage but crucially stops the negative effects of reduce XP, cuts, hallucination, stunning etc. The four primary elements and poison can all be double resisted, which practically reduces all damage but won't stop potions getting shattered, scrolls getting burned etc. Then there is immunity (more common in randarts) which means no damage and no negative effects.

Most important resistances in this order:
          Fire,
          Cold,
          Lightning, Acid, Poison,
          Light, Dark,
          Nexus,
          Nether, Sound,
          Chaos (but beware the Jabberwock my boy)
          Shards, Disenchantment (but you'll need it if you ever meet Tarrasque)

Comment

• Pete Mack
            Prophet
            • Apr 2007

I'd rate it
            Fire
            Cold
            Lightning
            Acid, poison

I keep !rFire for most of the game, and !rCold if I can--especially if Scatha is a likely target. (And why Tolkien gave the name Scatha (Sceatha) to a cold drake, I don't know. It so much implies fire.)

Comment

• DavidMedley
              Veteran
              • Oct 2019

Originally posted by Nicodimas
              I put this in my Angband 4.2 Google Sheet, but I don't have the link handy
              Please like my indie game company on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/RatherFunGames

Comment

• Sky
                Veteran
                • Oct 2016

but i do
                "i can take this dracolich"

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘