Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pete Mack
    Prophet
    • Apr 2007

right. But I meant something different. In this case, the Balrog can't blow up the staff. Of course there are plenty of other ways to drop the staff out of range.
    Code:
    ##.#
    #[COLOR="violet"]U[/COLOR]##
    ##@#
    #.##
    ##_#
    ####

Comment

• Nicodimas
      Rookie
      • Apr 2021

Yeah I defeated the Balrog of moria and he dropped boots of speed. The game is now dropping boots of speed like crazy so wonder if items are generated until certain unique are killed ...

+8 total game changer

Comment

• Nicodimas
        Rookie
        • Apr 2021

I'm going after sarauman he shows up all the time and keeps summoning a bunch of junk..making me flee

Comment

• Selkie
          Swordsman
          • Aug 2020

Originally posted by Nicodimas
          I'm going after sarauman he shows up all the time and keeps summoning a bunch of junk..making me flee
          I've never struggled too much with Saruman. He doesn't do any scary breath damage and he's not a spam summoner. He teleports away which is annoying, but you can always hunt old Sharkey down

Comment

• Pete Mack
            Prophet
            • Apr 2007

pretty much, assuming you have rDis, and you've dug an ASC. And your devices are cached. He's more problematic out in the open. But like any other tough unique, it's a mug's game to fight him at level, unless your character is crazy strong.

Comment

• Nicodimas
              Rookie
              • Apr 2021

Saruman was way easy..I did encounter him on a level with something of chaos it hit me and I think something breathed and killed it. So was hallucinating the whole fight..which wasn't very fun. Found him in a ..or around a lesser vault the fight got a bit weird as I ran around it due a few time hounds ..again. I have 11 T/O rods at this stage. I have made my peace and just T/O stuff all the time now. No point in picking a fight with some of these mobs.

...ok time to venture DEEP and see how I do. Found the small shield of thornin in that lesser vault which I think is really good.

I have double immunity Acid and Lightning. 240AC.. I think Shards is my big gap on weakness and only one resist to nether...Can't really fix those unless I find something.

So see how low I can go!!

Comment

• Pete Mack
                Prophet
                • Apr 2007

Woah. I don't think I've ever scored more than 8 rods of TO. Certainly never 11. You are probably nearly ready for the endgame:
                500+ damage/turn
                Plenty of !heal, !*heal*
                20+ speed
                A handful each of *Destruction * and Mass Banishment
                800+HP. (The more the better, of course.)

Comment

• Julian
                  Adept
                  • Apr 2021

Originally posted by Nicodimas
                  Saruman was way easy..I did encounter him on a level with something of chaos it hit me and I think something breathed and killed it. So was hallucinating the whole fight..which wasn't very fun. Found him in a ..or around a lesser vault the fight got a bit weird as I ran around it due a few time hounds ..again. I have 11 T/O rods at this stage. I have made my peace and just T/O stuff all the time now. No point in picking a fight with some of these mobs.

...ok time to venture DEEP and see how I do. Found the small shield of thornin in that lesser vault which I think is really good.

I have double immunity Acid and Lightning. 240AC.. I think Shards is my big gap on weakness and only one resist to nether...Can't really fix those unless I find something.

So see how low I can go!!
                  The only resists that stack are temporary elemental and permanent elemental. Redundancy just makes swapping stuff around easier.

Comment

• Nicodimas
                    Rookie
                    • Apr 2021

I dived ! And died. Kinda a inglorious death too /bummed

Sadly when I swapping gear I swapped off all my poison resist. I didn’t note it. I thought I had one of it . I remember always write down what your missing. This was totally a experience thing too of remembering what each mobs ace attack does. I had quite a bit of poison resist earlier and fought certain mobs and thought not too bad. Well if you have no resist..

When I dumped my character I had that head slap moment when I saw nothing on poison and my gear at home too.

A *bile demon* got me and a bit suprising the damage it hit me with that quick. I kinda thought he was a *trash mob* at that point as I thought no problem I got this guy. /confidence.. Ouch. Must have been a offscreen one too 1k to 300 health and the one in front of me breathed poison again...

(Make sure you track your weaknesses)

Comment

• Selkie
                      Swordsman
                      • Aug 2020

Originally posted by Julian
                      The only resists that stack are temporary elemental and permanent elemental. Redundancy just makes swapping stuff around easier.
                      Poison also stacks, right?

Comment

• Pete Mack
                        Prophet
                        • Apr 2007

Correct. I sometimes carry a stack of !rPois, if I don't have permanent resistance. But only rFire and sometimes rCold are worth carrying for double resistance. There's just not room in the pack for more.

Comment

• wobbly
                          Prophet
                          • May 2012

Double elec and acid are also possible via the elemental ring activations. While I wouldn't go out of my way to get these I often use them at a stage of the game where I haven't found anything better for the ring slots. Sometimes I'll have spares inscriped to quick swap. They show up before wands/rods of foo ball and do pretty decent damage for their depth.

Comment

• Pete Mack
                            Prophet
                            • Apr 2007

double rAcid isn't worth much, since damage is already down to 1/6 nominal from armor.

Comment

• DavidMedley
                              Veteran
                              • Oct 2019

I do that ring trick, too. It's not a game changer, but it's satisfying on the rare occasions it proves useful.
                              Last edited by DavidMedley; May 16, 2021, 05:53.
                              Please like my indie game company on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/RatherFunGames

Comment

• Nicodimas
                                Rookie
                                • Apr 2021

Back at it! My goal this run is to actually make it to DL 97 this time around for sure

Also using spells way more often..maybe. I had the stats so total bummer , just got to remember be careful on what you pick a fight with past dl 70.

OK a little salty.lol

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍