• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bogatyr
    Knight
    • Feb 2014

Blackguard guide?

Hi,
    I'm taking a break from mages and decided to try BG, and I'm starting to wonder, where's the beef? CL6, still no SP, can't read any books, where are all these wonderful abilities I keep reading about in other threads? Slow regen, terrible stealth, can't see any traps, and not great fighting seem to be all there is so far.... so when does it get fun?

Also, I'm currently running 4.2.0, should I go to a newer version for the BG changes?

What are the preferred start stats? I read that INT is much more important compared to DEX, so I dumped everything into INT (resulting in 18/20 STR and 18/20 INT, Dunadan BG) and I'm starting to regret that as I got Narthanc on my very first descent and now I'm stuck with 1.1 blows...

Also what's the deal about heavy weapons I see discussed?

OK CL8 got one ritual finally. I can't read anything but the #2 Necromancer book, does that mean that for all the remaining rituals I must find dungeon Necromancer boks?
    Last edited by Bogatyr; March 6, 2021, 12:03.
  • Selkie
    Swordsman
    • Aug 2020

Early game is very, very tough for BG. In my opinion it's harder than a mage or a necromancer.

Heavy weapons - because you only get 1 blow per round at the beginning then you need to be using the heaviest and hardest hitting weapon you can find. You should try to do everything in your power to increase your chances to hit.

You should read this post and this one and this one.

I love blackguards but it's a learning curve. By the end game they're second only to a mage in terms of overall power. Wait until bloodlust and werewolf form kick in.

Comment

• Bogatyr
      Knight
      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Selkie
      Early game is very, very tough for BG. In my opinion it's harder than a mage or a necromancer.

Heavy weapons - because you only get 1 blow per round at the beginning then you need to be using the heaviest and hardest hitting weapon you can find. You should try to do everything in your power to increase your chances to hit.

You should read this post and this one and this one.

I love blackguards but it's a learning curve. By the end game they're second only to a mage in terms of overall power. Wait until bloodlust and werewolf form kick in.
      Thanks. Looks like I need to move from 4.2.0 to 4.2.1 at least.

Comment

• DavidMedley
        Veteran
        • Oct 2019

Originally posted by Bogatyr
        Thanks. Looks like I need to move from 4.2.0 to 4.2.1 at least.
        Yes, highly advisable.
        Please like my indie game company on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/RatherFunGames

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎