X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Custergrant
    Rookie
    • Sep 2019

Rogue Starting Points

Hi everyone, I played Angband a few years back and am getting back into it. I'm just wondering what a good starting point layout for a kobold rogue might be and some of the rationale for why.

Thanks!
  • Ingwe Ingweron
    Veteran
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Custergrant
    Hi everyone, I played Angband a few years back and am getting back into it. I'm just wondering what a good starting point layout for a kobold rogue might be and some of the rationale for why.

Thanks!
    Use point based allocation during the @ birth. Maybe trade a point of Dex for a point of Str, if you want, but the point based allocation is designed to start you at a good place based on the @ race/class you've chosen.
    “We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
    ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Comment

• Pete Mack
      Prophet
      • Apr 2007

It depends on if you want to dive or not. If not, allocate STR/DEX get max blows, with extra point on STR (your weak point.). If you want to dive, allocate a few points to CON, and any left over to INT. You'll have lousy spellcasting for a long time in any case, but there isn't a big call for this until DL 30+. (And In 4.1.3, there is never a big call for spellcasting--in the latest version, the useful rogue spells are almost all utility spells, not combat or defensive spells.)

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎