X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chud
    Swordsman
    • Jun 2010

Fragile yet able Mage...

The Dice of Angband have been capricious with my current Hobbit mage... by CL33, DL50, she has +10 speed and immunity to acid, electricity, fire, *and* cold. And yet, anything of CON has been nearly unheard-of, and she has all of 164 HP.

Immune to so much, yet with so many ways to die in an instant.
  • Diego Gonzalez
    Adept
    • May 2007

I have a HE blackguard with 1000HP at D75 and he has so many close encounters with death...

Comment

• Chud
      Swordsman
      • Jun 2010

Well fragile mage died, alas -- a valiant attempt, but down at DL 75 (still only up to about 375 HP) I missed one of the one-shot kill possibilities. In this case, a black reaver and no nexus resist. Ah well. Hobbits are breakable.

Comment

• Pete Mack
        Prophet
        • Apr 2007

reaver does 400+ damage with mana OR nether ball spells, so resistance wouldn't really help. Probably the most dangerous non-unique undead.

Comment

• Chud
          Swordsman
          • Jun 2010

You're right, I stand corrected -- it was the mana storm that did it, after looking at messages. I know most of the monsters in the game pretty well now, but obviously not all the details....

Comment

• Sky
            Veteran
            • Oct 2016

reavers are so bloody random, sometimes they just melee you and they are puny for the amount of XP they give you; and some rare times they manastorm. and you die.
            "i can take this dracolich"

Comment

• Pete Mack
              Prophet
              • Apr 2007

Sky--
              Sure. But you have to assume the worst, ir you won't survive long. Also, Reaver makes undead pits more dangerous by turning the walls into swiss cheese

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎