X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hein
    Rookie
    • Jul 2015

First win in one day!

Finally I have completed this wonderful game.

Was determined to have a break for a while before my holiday started. Therefore the character name "LastHero".

I have found it almost impossible to go far without the old Half-Troll Warrior combo.

I played very cautious this time, and evaded any level with 7 or above in danger level for a long time. Found Forasgil pretty quickly, and was able to stay around at about 1800-2100' for a long time, until my STR and CON was maxed out, and I had reached level 33. I found the Glaive of Pain here as well, but never got the chance to use it.

As soon as I had telepathy and some additional speed, I deep descended as quickly as I could down to 4000'. Things are very easy with telepathy. Target group of Trolls or Giants, or more preferably, mumakil and some of the easier demons, like Vrocks or Barbazu. When I found the War Hammer of Aule, Dragons and dragonpits were very good targets.
    I found experience came quite easy.

Ive always had a habit of stacking as many Teleportation Staves as i could, as well as Healing and *Healing* potions, which I buy as many as I can from the black market. When I reached level 49 I decided to take on Sauron with the Mace of Disruption of Extra Attacks (5d8) (+12,+15) <+2> Ive just been dropped, as well as the wonderful artifact Feanor, which I found a bit earlier.

I was in a bit of trouble at first, and actually got myself down to 0hp by Sauron summoning a lot of uniques and them breathing at me. Fortunately I decided to bring all my *Healing* with me and thus survived.

Battles with Sauron and Morgoth was about the same - I bought a ridicolus amount of CLW and PHD, and just hit them with my weapon. Occasionaly I used some Healing or *Healing*, but I think I could have managed without.

Spent a total of 9 hrs and 56 minutes completing it from start to finish.
    Went on a mission to kill the rest of the uniques who have slain a lot of my former characters, now equipped with Grond and the iron crown, but the earthquakes feature annoys me a bit. "Fundin Bluecloak is embedded in th wall", and then he is still alive?

I love this game!
    Attached Files
  • Ed_47569
    Adept
    • Feb 2010

Congratulations on the win! Feanor is certainly one of *THE* best artifacts in the game, no question.

Looks like you had some other great gear there too, Vilya and Aule are pretty decent.

Comment

• Sideways
      Knight
      • Nov 2008

Congratulations!
      The Complainer worries about the lack of activity here these days.

Comment

• Shalinar
        Rookie
        • Apr 2019

Curious what the potions of Cure Light Wounds are for? I've never gotten past DL55 but I can't figure out how CLW is useful after the first couple levels.

Comment

• Adam
          Adept
          • Feb 2016

Originally posted by Shalinar
          Curious what the potions of Cure Light Wounds are for? I've never gotten past DL55 but I can't figure out how CLW is useful after the first couple levels.
          In general if you have the carrying capacity and the money, why not?
          This @ did not have that many healing (15 CCW, 6 Healing, 2 *Healing*, 1 Life is not a plenty).
          CLW is also good for curing confusion/blindness (and as I see @ did not have pBlind).

Comment

• hein
            Rookie
            • Jul 2015

Originally posted by Shalinar
            I just developed a habit stacking LOTS of CLW since they are cheap and always available. Maybe the regen helped, but I could always rely on PhD and ClW when I got in trouble.

I had a few more *Healing* and Healing before I took on Sauron, but most were destroyed and some were used.

Comment

• fph
              Veteran
              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by hein
              I could always rely on PhD and ClW when I got in trouble.
              Higher education always pays off!
              Congrats!
              --
              Dive fast, die young, leave a high-CHA corpse.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎