X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sparrow the Dunadan
    Adept
    • Mar 2019

Monster Pit?

Okay so I found a monster pit, but wanted to know what sort of pit it is. It's lined with rubble, both passable, and unpassable on at least one side.
    Attached Files
  • Grotug
    Veteran
    • Nov 2013

For some reason image attachments on this site are blurry when I view them, so I am not able to offer any help.
    Beginner's Guide to Angband 4.2.3 Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9c9e2wMngM

Detailed account of my Ironman win here.

"My guess is that Grip and Fang have many more kills than Gothmog and Lungorthin." --Fizzix

Comment

• Sparrow the Dunadan
      Adept
      • Mar 2019

Originally posted by Grotug
      For some reason image attachments on this site are blurry when I view them, so I am not able to offer any help.
      Yeah for some reason they are weird on mine as well. :/

I explored it, I seems like a regular pit with a 1x2 rooms in the corners. It was just weird that it was lined in rubble.

Comment

• takkaria
        Veteran
        • Apr 2007

The forum resizes the image files when they are uploaded so they take up less space... the software dates to a different era when image file sizes mattered. So, you need to find a different way to share them! imgur is one way though
        takkaria whispers something about options. -more-

Comment

• Pete Mack
          Prophet
          • Apr 2007

Another way is with the screenshot facility in angband and on this site! By far the best way, so long as you are just showing a map with no messages. ')' command. Choose html type. File will show up in user directory along with the charcter dumps.

Comment

• Sparrow the Dunadan
            Adept
            • Mar 2019

Originally posted by Pete Mack
            Another way is with the screenshot facility in angband and on this site! By far the best way, so long as you are just showing a map with no messages. ')' command. Choose html type. File will show up in user directory along with the charcter dumps.

Unfortunately I'm not that competent when it comes to tech language, so I have no idea what you said, or how to perform such an action safely and securely.

Comment

• Sparrow the Dunadan
              Adept
              • Mar 2019

Originally posted by takkaria
              The forum resizes the image files when they are uploaded so they take up less space... the software dates to a different era when image file sizes mattered. So, you need to find a different way to share them! imgur is one way though

Well that's super annoying! I mean it sort of makes sense, but still...

Sorry I don't have a Imgur acct, nor do I feel like making one just to post screenshots. I guess I won't bother with visual requirement asks in the future. :/

Comment

• Pete Mack
                Prophet
                • Apr 2007

Sparrow: it isn't technical in the least. Screen dump is a command in angband. The other is a tab just below the title of this web page. At least try it before you assume it is difficult!

Originally posted by Sparrow the Dunadan
                Unfortunately I'm not that competent when it comes to tech language, so I have no idea what you said, or how to perform such an action safely and securely.

Comment

• Gwarl
                  Administrator
                  • Jan 2017

While playing angband, press ')'

You will be prompted to enter a filename. Choose one that ends in .html

Use the native windows app 'file explorer' to navigate to the folder containing angband. Open the lib folder, then the user folder, and the file you just named will be listed there.

You can then upload it to the site as a screenshot, by clicking the 'Screenshots' tab a few inches above this post and following instructions.

Nothing that could be termed a safety concern or a security concern arises at any step during this process.

Comment

• Gwarl
                    Administrator
                    • Jan 2017

Well that's super annoying! I mean it sort of makes sense, but still...

Sorry I don't have a Imgur acct, nor do I feel like making one just to post screenshots. I guess I won't bother with visual requirement asks in the future. :/
                    While not being bothered to post screenshots is absoloutely your right, I believe imgur was suggested specifically because it allows image uploads without requiring account registration. Just fyi

Comment

• Derakon
                      Prophet
                      • Dec 2009

Yep, imgur doesn't require an account. Just go to imgur.com and click the Upload button at the top.

Comment

• Pete Mack
                        Prophet
                        • Apr 2007

Sparrow-
                        One more thing. There are a number of people on this website who would be happy to answer your questions. But they (we) can't if we can't really tell what those questions are. Screenshots and character dumps are by far the best ways to get accross what your character is up to. Even fuzzy screenshots in the forum are OK *if* they are in ascii, and of limited size.) Do note that your original question never got answered not because we didn't want to, but because we couldn't.

Comment

• Sparrow the Dunadan
                          Adept
                          • Mar 2019

Originally posted by Gwarl
                          While not being bothered to post screenshots is absoloutely your right, I believe imgur was suggested specifically because it allows image uploads without requiring account registration. Just fyi
                          That's odd, because I can't even look at imgur for the most part without having an account. Or was that instagram? Besides Both imgur and instagram are havens for reposters, and I tend to avoid places like that. But thanks for the info.

Comment

• Sparrow the Dunadan
                            Adept
                            • Mar 2019

Originally posted by Derakon
                            Yep, imgur doesn't require an account. Just go to imgur.com and click the Upload button at the top.
                            Hmmm.... okay.

Comment

• Sparrow the Dunadan
                              Adept
                              • Mar 2019

Originally posted by Pete Mack
                              Sparrow-
                              One more thing. There are a number of people on this website who would be happy to answer your questions. But they (we) can't if we can't really tell what those questions are. Screenshots and character dumps are by far the best ways to get accross what your character is up to. Even fuzzy screenshots in the forum are OK *if* they are in ascii, and of limited size.) Do note that your original question never got answered not because we didn't want to, but because we couldn't.
                              Uhm... I don't know what you're on about. Because that precisely what I did. I presented a question, with screenshots IN both ASCII (and in graphic mode because that's the mode I was playing it in). But because of apparently as a designated png (allowable) file, it has a hard time working/being viewed on this forum?

Maybe I should save my screenshots as jpg's instead? Even though png's are an allowable file type?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎