X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tom042
    Rookie
    • Aug 2008

rDisenchant and Drain Charges

Does disenchantment resistance also confer protection from drain charges? I'd gotten used to dropping my _Teleports on the ground when fighting such monsters, but I've noticed that the last two drain charges attacks against me since putting on an amulet of weaponmastery have failed. Is drain charges just probabalistic?
  • roustk
    Adept
    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by tom042
    Does disenchantment resistance also confer protection from drain charges? I'd gotten used to dropping my _Teleports on the ground when fighting such monsters, but I've noticed that the last two drain charges attacks against me since putting on an amulet of weaponmastery have failed. Is drain charges just probabalistic?
    There is no defense against draining charges. If you are hit with a drain attack the game will pick a random slot in of your pack and (if it is a staff or wand with positive charges) drain the wand/staff to zero and heal the monster. The game will try 10 times to find a charged wand/staff before it gives up.

So, if you were only carrying one staff with a full pack there is a 1-in-22 chance of finding the staff on each try, or about a 37% chance of finding the staff with each attack.

Comment

• Zikke
      Veteran
      • Jun 2008

Does that drain attack include armor and weapons with Activation abilities too?
      A(3.1.0b) CWS "Fyren_V" NEW L:50 DL:127 A++ R+++ Sp+ w:The Great Axe of Eonwe
      A/FA W H- D c-- !f PV+++ s? d P++ M+
      C- S+ I- !So B ac++ GHB? SQ? !RQ V F:

Comment

• roustk
        Adept
        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Zikke
        Does that drain attack include armor and weapons with Activation abilities too?
        Drain charges works only on wand/staff -- not rods or activations.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎