• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hyperdex
    Scout
    • Nov 2012

How does "Remove Curse" work now?

Hi all,

I am playing 4.1.2 and found a Dwarven Power Dragon Scale Mail. The only drawback is that it has a couple of curses. I tried a scroll of remove curse, and now my PDSM is fragile. I don't want to try it again unless I know what I am doing, so how is curse removal implemented in 4.1.2? Would using *Remove Curse* give me better odds?

Ironically, this was found in the deep endgame. I've already killed Sauron and was basically bopping around level 99 loooking for potions of *Healing*/Life so that I can feel confortable taking on Morgoth. The PDSM wouldn't even really help me that much, but I still would like to render it usable.

Dave
  • wobbly
    Prophet
    • May 2012

You need to beat the power of the curse. Remove curse is 20+d20
    *remove curse 50+d50.

Comment

• hyperdex
      Scout
      • Nov 2012

Thanks! That makes sense. The curse levels were 54, so with two *Remove Curses* I stand a very good chance of having a perfectly cromulent Dwarven PDSM.

Not that I need it. ;-)

Comment

• hyperdex
        Scout
        • Nov 2012

This character's luck continues to impress. For the first time in ~25 years of playing, this character found the One Ring! I'm still trying to amass various healing methods before taking on Morgoth, but this character seems like it is in good shape.

I tried to upload to the ladder, but this character shares a name with my previous character so I couldn't get it to work. (Is there a way to work around this?)

Comment

• Pete Mack
          Prophet
          • Apr 2007

Curse level 54 is pretty good odds for *remove curse*, at 94% chance, while remove curse will certainly damage it.

Comment

• Ancient Yeek
            Scout
            • Jul 2018

What curses are on it? If Steelskin might want to consider keeping

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢