• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gauss
    Adept
    • Aug 2018

Word of Recall Question

Hi,
    Im noob at this game and i don't really understand how Word of Recall works.
    I know that after reading it, i need to wait 50 turns to activate it, but once i'm done at the town how do i return to my current max depth?

Thank you in advance.
  • wobbly
    Prophet
    • May 2012

Reading recall from town takes you to max. depth

Comment

• Gauss
      Adept
      • Aug 2018

Thank you for the help!

Anyway any weapon recommendation for a lvl 10 rogue?
      Im wearing a rapier right now.

Comment

• Pete Mack
        Prophet
        • Apr 2007

Whatever weapon does most damage. It will most likely be a light weapon like a rapier, but possibly a heavier weapon with big damage bonus and a fire brand. Best weapon is a *thanc dagger, if you happen to find one.

Comment

• luneya
          Swordsman
          • Aug 2015

And you can use the inspect command (shift-I) to bring up a display showing all of an object's abilities, including the damage a weapon does when wielded.

With missile weapons, it gets a little more complicated. The best practice to compare two differing weapons (say a bow and a crossbow) is to recall back to town, buy a single unit of plain ammunition for each weapon at the general store, equip the weapon, and then inspect the corresponding plain ammo for a damage readout.

Comment

• mrfy
            Swordsman
            • Jul 2015

Originally posted by luneya
            With missile weapons, it gets a little more complicated. The best practice to compare two differing weapons (say a bow and a crossbow) is to recall back to town, buy a single unit of plain ammunition for each weapon at the general store, equip the weapon, and then inspect the corresponding plain ammo for a damage readout.
            You don't need to recall to town. Wield the weapon, then do '~' Display current knowledge, select 'h' Display contents of general store, 'l' Examine item, select the ammo to inspect. It will tell you the damage of the plain ammo. Then wield the other weapon, and do the same.

Comment

• Ingwe Ingweron
              Veteran
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by luneya
              And you can use the inspect command (shift-I) to bring up a display showing all of an object's abilities, including the damage a weapon does when wielded.

You don't need to recall to town or carry single unit missiles to test launchers as in the above recommendation. Simply wield the launcher, then use the "~" menu and view the general store screen. "Look" at the appropriate missile type (arrow, bolt, iron shot) and check the damage. Wield the other launcher, repeat the process, and compare the damage. There is some variation with the higher magical launchers and their treatment of slay damage, etc. on high magicked missiles, that escapes me, as the comparisons don't always work as I'd expect. But, the single bog-standard missile comparison is still the method I tend to use when choosing between launchers. You just don't have to lug around single units taking up valuable slots in your quiver to accomplish the comparison.
              “We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
              ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍