X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ancient Yeek
    Scout
    • Jul 2018

New to Angband kindof

Hi guys new to Angband kindof I've already beaten the game twice. Forgive if this stuff has already been answered but I've got some questions I just don't understand some of them might be bugs?

1: Warrior description says it gets immunity to fear. But my warriors don't get immunity to fear?
    2: Putting wands, staves, potions and scrolls that aren't identified into town home and looking at them reveals what they do(looking at). I didn't bother making an account last version because I thought someone would catch that but it's still in the game this version. Surely that's a bug right?
    3: What does the X3 at the beginning of bows do?
    4: I've got a randart that is branded with weak electric and cold. If a monster doesn't resist both does it take even more damage?

Fantastic game by the way!
  • Sky
    Veteran
    • Oct 2016

1. You become immune to fear at Character Level 40.
    You will most likely already have pFear from your gear so this is useless, i told .. i ASKED Nick to change it to CL20 but he thinks this makes warriors "too strong".
    2. Known bug, will be fixed in the next release.
    3. The damage of each arrow is multiplied by X. This includes bonuses too.
    Some shooters can get up to X6 making them *very* powerful.
    4. No. They take the single highest damage.
    "i can take this dracolich"

Comment

• Derakon
      Prophet
      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Ancient Yeek
      1: Warrior description says it gets immunity to fear. But my warriors don't get immunity to fear?
      You get this at level 30 (not 40, Sky).
      3: What does the X3 at the beginning of bows do?
      Per-shot bow damage is (damage bonus on bow + damage bonus on ammo + dice roll on ammo) * (multiplier on bow + any applicable slay/brand).

Comment

• Ancient Yeek
        Scout
        • Jul 2018

Thanks guys! You're awesome that answered everything!

Maybe they could update some info on the character creation to explain that warriors don't get that until later. New people like me would assume it starts from the word go.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎