X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Khuzdul
    Scout
    • Dec 2014

... of Craftsmanship

What does the Craftsmanship buff on what I gather is only dragon mails actually do? From what I can gather from the item description, its lighter than normal dsm?
  • PowerWyrm
    Prophet
    • Apr 2008

It gives boosted AC by an extra 4-10 points.
    PWMAngband variant maintainer - check https://github.com/draconisPW/PWMAngband (or http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9) to learn more about this new variant!

Comment

• Pete Mack
      Prophet
      • Apr 2007

@Khadzul
      More specifically, it makes the good DSM more rare. This is it's main role. It also weighs a little less.

Comment

• gglibertine
        Adept
        • Dec 2007

It occurs to me that it would be pretty cool for DSM of Craftsmanship to provide enhanced resistance, or maybe even immunity, but I'm not sure if that would cause problems with game balance.

Comment

• Derakon
          Prophet
          • Dec 2009

Isn't DSM of Immunity one of the possible egos for the base four? Or am I remembering a variant?

Comment

• bio_hazard
            Knight
            • Dec 2008

Seems reasonable that it would give a little extra stealth if it's made better and a little quieter when moving in it.

Or just get rid of regular dragon scale mail. The idea of crappy discount dragon scale mail is silly to me.

Comment

• Derakon
              Prophet
              • Dec 2009

The main issue is one of making certain that DSM of Elvenkind and DSM of Speed are not too common. Craftsmanship is just a hack around the fact that it's hard to control overall ego item rarity on a specific item type (thus, there will be lots of ego DSMs because most items are egos after awhile). The Craftsmanship ego is comparatively vastly more common just to make sure that the majority of ego DSM are not significantly more powerful than non-ego DSM.

Comment

• wobbly
                Prophet
                • May 2012

Originally posted by bio_hazard
                Seems reasonable that it would give a little extra stealth if it's made better and a little quieter when moving in it.

Or just get rid of regular dragon scale mail. The idea of crappy discount dragon scale mail is silly to me.
                You can do this more naturally if you make armour weight count against stealth or matter more to mages. Then stuff like mithril being lighter is useful straight up through it's weight. How it is now past a certain pt weight stops mattering that much.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎