X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • c76
    Rookie
    • May 2018

Creating new artifacts not working

I've been trying to edit the artifacts.txt file, but in order to test changes I made the alloc probability 100 and the level range 1 to 1. However, after several tries no artifacts with these settings appear. Surely with a 100% allocation probability I should have found at least something after multiple full level explorations? Does anyone have experience modifying artifacts.txt?
  • Sideways
    Knight
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by c76
    I've been trying to edit the artifacts.txt file, but in order to test changes I made the alloc probability 100 and the level range 1 to 1. However, after several tries no artifacts with these settings appear. Surely with a 100% allocation probability I should have found at least something after multiple full level explorations? Does anyone have experience modifying artifacts.txt?
    Use debug mode to test your artifacts. (Here's a help file for Vanilla's debug mode.)
    The Complainer worries about the lack of activity here these days.

Comment

• Gwarl
      Administrator
      • Jan 2017

Unless it's been changed quite recently the allocation number isn't a percentage. Higher numbers make things rarer.

Comment

• takkaria
        Veteran
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by c76
        100 means 100 entries in the artifact allocation table, but before that table is used, there are a bunch of checks for whether to try creating an artifact – but they're very unlikely to succeed on dlev1.
        takkaria whispers something about options. -more-

Comment

• Sky
          Veteran
          • Oct 2016

the debug command o just doesn't work. i reported this last year.
          "i can take this dracolich"

Comment

• c76
            Rookie
            • May 2018

Originally posted by Sideways
            Use debug mode to test your artifacts. (Here's a help file for Vanilla's debug mode.)
            Thanks, yeah debug mode works and I am able to test artifacts that way.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎