Is there a way to walk to somewhere far away?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Talharim
    Apprentice
    • Jul 2015

Is there a way to walk to somewhere far away?

I'm not necessarily talking about auto explore (like in other games like DCSS) but it would be a nice feature.
    I'm talking about something like a path searching algorithm (A* for instance, actually, I'd wager that even a flood fill algorithm would work) that could for instance use only explored squares and that one could use to walk from spot A to B.
    The map is huge and it is quite boring to have to manually control the character to walk from one place to the other.
    Cowards live a long time, brave ones usually die soon of a glorious death.
  • Estie
    Veteran
    • Apr 2008

The macro is .-<dir>, where dir is the direction key for walk in that direction. On common keyboards it should be already set to shift -<dir>. Press a direction key while holding shift and see if it works.

Comment

• Zikke
      Veteran
      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Talharim
      The map is huge and it is quite boring to have to manually control the character to walk from one place to the other.
      I find that running helps speed this up.
      A(3.1.0b) CWS "Fyren_V" NEW L:50 DL:127 A++ R+++ Sp+ w:The Great Axe of Eonwe
      A/FA W H- D c-- !f PV+++ s? d P++ M+
      C- S+ I- !So B ac++ GHB? SQ? !RQ V F:

Comment

• Talharim
        Apprentice
        • Jul 2015

I know about running. I meant something like NetHack ‘s _ command if I’m not mistaken. You press a command then choose where you want to go.
        Cowards live a long time, brave ones usually die soon of a glorious death.

Comment

• Gwarl
          Administrator
          • Jan 2017

you can do it with mouse clicks, so you'd just need to hijack some code for targetting using the keyboard. Poschengband has this (called 'travel'), seemingly having gotten bits of it from Xangband and PsiAngband.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎