X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mudd
    Adept
    • Oct 2016

Killed all Uniques~

Mudd IV has now killed all uniques except Sauron and Morgoth.

Osse didn't want to show up for quite awhile, but I was so close to getting them all I kept hunting.

Posted here

I'd like to be doing better damage, but no matter how much I try it seems my best equipment is as is.

Always open for equipment advise before I go after the top 2.
  • Ingwe Ingweron
    Veteran
    • Jan 2009

Use the Holy Might arrows on Morgie and the others on Sauron; you will do plenty of damage,

One unique you might not have gotten, Father Christmas, but he only shows up once a year.
    “We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
    ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Comment

• Sky
      Veteran
      • Oct 2016

21 rods of TO? jesus.
      "i can take this dracolich"

Comment

• Mudd
        Adept
        • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Ingwe Ingweron
        Use the Holy Might arrows on Morgie and the others on Sauron; you will do plenty of damage,

One unique you might not have gotten, Father Christmas, but he only shows up once a year.
        I saw the red hatted elves several times....but Father Christmas never showed. It was disappointing, but maybe because I killed all his elves?

Comment

• Mudd
          Adept
          • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Sky
          21 rods of TO? jesus.
          I know...isn't it great! 8^)

Comment

• Mudd
            Adept
            • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Ingwe Ingweron

One thing I'm still not sure of and have seen debated around here - which bow should I carry int o the final fight as a Ranger....Belthronding,Bard, or even the Lothlorien I have at home?

I've stuck with Belthronding up till now as it is my source of rDisenchant and my gut tells me to stick with it.

Comment

• Ingwe Ingweron
              Veteran
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Mudd
              One thing I'm still not sure of and have seen debated around here - which bow should I carry int o the final fight as a Ranger....Belthronding,Bard, or even the Lothlorien I have at home?

I've stuck with Belthronding up till now as it is my source of rDisenchant and my gut tells me to stick with it.
              My usual answer. . . it depends. . . . You can wield each bow and compare both your best ammo and, by using the menu and the look command, you can access the general store and compare ordinary ammo, even when you are in the dungeon. But, as you point out, rDis can be worth having. It's up to you to decide which you think is best for your given situation.
              “We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
              ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Comment

• Derakon
                Prophet
                • Dec 2009

Unless you're fighting the Tarrasque, rDis is merely a nice-to-have, especially as a ranger. Even with a warrior or paladin who opts to face-tank all the monsters that have melee that can disenchant, you're not looking at any serious amount of equipment damage, between the monster missing their attacks and artifacts having a decent chance of resisting being disenchanted. Rangers don't even have that to worry about. So the only really important thing about disenchantment is mitigating the damage done by breathers...of which the Tarrasque is the only one of note.

Comment

• Grotug
                  Veteran
                  • Nov 2013

My Himring got disenchanted twice while meleeing Mîm. I realize that it doesn't matter much since it's just AC, but it is an artifact and seemed to get targeted over other equipment I was wearing. Hithlomir got disenhanted once in another game while fighting a similar dwarf. Are weapons more resistant to disenchanting than armors?
                  Beginner's Guide to Angband 4.2.3 Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9c9e2wMngM

Detailed account of my Ironman win here.

"My guess is that Grip and Fang have many more kills than Gothmog and Lungorthin." --Fizzix

Comment

• Derakon
                    Prophet
                    • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Grotug
                    My Himring got disenchanted twice while meleeing Mîm. I realize that it doesn't matter much since it's just AC, but it is an artifact and seemed to get targeted over other equipment I was wearing. Hithlomir got disenhanted once in another game while fighting a similar dwarf. Are weapons more resistant to disenchanting than armors?
                    Nope. You're seeing patterns that don't exist. Humans are very good at that.

Comment

• Mudd
                      Adept
                      • Oct 2016

1st time winner!

I was way overpowered by the time I went after Morgoth...but it was worth it after my last disappointing meeting with him.

Comment

• Grotug
                        Veteran
                        • Nov 2013

Congrats! How'd you go about bringing him his end?
                        Beginner's Guide to Angband 4.2.3 Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9c9e2wMngM

"My guess is that Grip and Fang have many more kills than Gothmog and Lungorthin." --Fizzix

Comment

• Mudd
                          Adept
                          • Oct 2016

Arrows....Lots of Arrows!

Basically destructed the area and waited till he showed.
                          Didn't use melee at all even though I was standing next to him.

TO'd him twice and Mass Banished the riffraff. Had so much healing I probably didn't need to.

It was really no contest at all I had so much in Healing available.

Comment

• Pete Mack
                            Prophet
                            • Apr 2007

Congrats !
                            @Grotug-- the character's a ranger with Bard. No need to ask.

Comment

• Grotug
                              Veteran
                              • Nov 2013

Woops, didn't check what class he was playing. He had Bard at home and Belthronding equipped. I imagine with the Ranger's extra shots Bard would have been better?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎