X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ingwe Ingweron
    Veteran
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Grotug
    I am wearing boots of wormtongue currently and am ready to upgrade to the boots of speed in my home <+7>. I have read about 8 enchant armor scrolls and have buffed the armor class of the boots several times but the boots remain cursed. I thought I recall that reading the scroll usually works after a couple tries. Hmm, not sure what to do. Wait for an *enchant armor* scroll I guess.
    Rosencrantz: Hmmm. Heads. Heads. Heads. Heads. Heads. Heads. Heads. Heads. Heads. Heads. Heads. Heads. Heads. Heads. Heads. Heads. Heads. Heads.

[Guildenstern grabs the coin, checks both sides, then tosses it back to Rosencrantz]

Rosencrantz: Heads.

[Guildenstern pulls a coin out of his own pocket and flips it]

Rosencrantz: Bet? Heads I win?

[Guildenstern looks at coin and tosses it to Rosencrantz]

Rosencrantz: Again? Heads.

Guildenstern: Consider: One, probability is a factor which operates *within* natural forces. Two, probability is *not* operating as a factor. Three, we are now held within un-, sub- or super-natural forces. Discuss.

Rosencrantz: What?
    “We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
    ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Comment

• Mondkalb
      Knight
      • Apr 2007

I also tried in vain to uncurse Wormtongue's boots, I think four or five times.

Maybe there is some bug on these that makes the curse sticky?

OTOH I uncursed Calris on the first attempt.
      My Angband winners so far

My FAangband efforts so far

Comment

• Grotug
        Veteran
        • Nov 2013

No, I think Ingwe has it right. Just took like 15+ tries. Finally uncursed them with regular enchant armor scroll. Was losing faith it was ever gonna work, though, honestly.

I'd like to take this moment to celebrate mature blue dragons. On DL46, one such dragon dropped Amras. On DL48, one such dragon dropped RoS <+8>.
        Beginner's Guide to Angband 4.2.3 Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9c9e2wMngM

Detailed account of my Ironman win here.

"My guess is that Grip and Fang have many more kills than Gothmog and Lungorthin." --Fizzix

Comment

• Sky
          Veteran
          • Oct 2016

FYI i did this again and uncursed them at my first try with a normal Enchant Armor. i now have a lovely set of +3 speed, +2 Int, +2 Dex, +2 Stealth. the (-1, -1) is irrelevant ... to any class, even a warrior.
          "i can take this dracolich"

Comment

• Grotug
            Veteran
            • Nov 2013

I think Grima's boots are the best cursed item I've come across in Angband. I uncursed Gorlim on second try with *enchant armor*, but I have yet to wear it.
            Beginner's Guide to Angband 4.2.3 Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9c9e2wMngM

Detailed account of my Ironman win here.

"My guess is that Grip and Fang have many more kills than Gothmog and Lungorthin." --Fizzix

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎