X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ingwe Ingweron
    Veteran
    • Jan 2009

Feature request

My feature request is to bring back the trap/door detection line as a gameplay option. I would note ... "FAangband has this...."
    “We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
    ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead
  • robbiodobbio
    Adept
    • Feb 2013

My feature request is an artefacts room in your house, like a kind of trophy cabinet, throwing away artefacts pains me.

Comment

• Grotug
      Veteran
      • Nov 2013

robbiodobbio, heh, I like this idea!
      Beginner's Guide to Angband 4.2.3 Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9c9e2wMngM

Detailed account of my Ironman win here.

"My guess is that Grip and Fang have many more kills than Gothmog and Lungorthin." --Fizzix

Comment

• bio_hazard
        Knight
        • Dec 2008

ToME 2 has a Mathom House in Bree that does this. Deposit only, no withdrawals.

Comment

• Sky
          Veteran
          • Oct 2016

i second the larger house. without changing any code, just give us a second house.
          "i can take this dracolich"

Comment

• Derakon
            Prophet
            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Sky
            i second the larger house. without changing any code, just give us a second house.
            Open lib/gamedata/constants.txt, find the line that contains "inven-max", and increase the number from 24. The UI might get a little screwy, but it'll work.

Comment

• Grotug
              Veteran
              • Nov 2013

Originally posted by robbiodobbio
              My feature request is an artefacts room in your house, like a kind of trophy cabinet, throwing away artefacts pains me.
              I think a better idea is to have a museum in the town where you can bring your artifacts and donate them. The curator appreciates it very much!
              Beginner's Guide to Angband 4.2.3 Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9c9e2wMngM

Detailed account of my Ironman win here.

"My guess is that Grip and Fang have many more kills than Gothmog and Lungorthin." --Fizzix

Comment

• AnonymousHero
                Veteran
                • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Derakon
                Open lib/gamedata/constants.txt, find the line that contains "inven-max", and increase the number from 24. The UI might get a little screwy, but it'll work.
                IIRC it actually does get quite crashy if you increase the number too much. (Though, it's been ages since I've played Vanilla, so I might be misremembering). Either way, it's basically unusable anyway because of the tedium caused by the combination of the item grouping/sorting and the inability to "address" items past 24 directly, so you have to do weird inventory games to get items to slots 1-24 to be able to take them from the home.

TL;DR: Doesn't really work, unfortunately.

(Don't get me wrong: as long as this isn't a thing that the maintainers want I totally understand ripping out the old pagination code, etc.)

Comment

• Pete Mack
                  Prophet
                  • Apr 2007

The old pagination code is LONG gone (as of 3.1v2 or so). The only current limitation is the way menus are matched to identifiers. It is an easy fix (the knowledge menus use the same code, and there certainly is no limitation on length there.) I should know: I wrote the menu code

Comment

• AnonymousHero
                    Veteran
                    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Pete Mack
                    The old pagination code is LONG gone (as of 3.1v2 or so).
                    Of course. (EDIT: Should also say that the "new" shop interface is quite a lot better for the default case.)

Originally posted by Pete Mack
                    The only current limitation is the way menus are matched to identifiers. It is an easy fix (the knowledge menus use the same code, and there certainly is no limitation on length there.) I should know: I wrote the menu code
                    It may be an easy fix for coders, but probably not for people just editing the *.txt files . Even editing the *.txt files is asking quite a lot, but Angband tends to attract the type of person who's not particularly adverse to such arcana[1]. Asking for C coding skill may be a little bit too much .

[1] Actually, this can be both good and bad in that people like us can end up accepting clearly bad choices and just get used to them and/or work around them instead of actively addressing them and coming up with more compelling gameplay mechanics. (I'll happily admit that I was a victim of this with the whole no_selling thing. I thought I didn't want it, but when it happened it turned out to actually liberate my from a tedious (but "optimal") game play choice.

Comment

• bio_hazard
                      Knight
                      • Dec 2008

Maybe an easier hack would be to allow artifacts to persist in town? Your char could "bury" them outside your house. There was some discussion in another thread about persistent levels and how the state of the town is already being saved, except for monsters.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎