X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JerDGold
    Rookie
    • Sep 2016

Average Dam/Turn = 0?

Hey guys, so pretty new to Angband. I've only been playing a week or so now...my best char has been to about lvl 30 to depth of like 25 something or so.

On my current playthrough, all of a sudden I'm getting the message "I have failed to harm X monster" with all my melee weapons. When I inspect them, they ALL have an average damage/turn of 0. Only my sling does any damage. Why might this happen?
  • spara
    Adept
    • Nov 2014

Do you happen to be wearing any rings? Especially Ring of the Mouse?

Comment

• JerDGold
      Rookie
      • Sep 2016

Yup, I was wearing two Rings of Mouse. Took them off...solved myproblem! Thanks! Seems now that these rings aren't quite as useful as I originally though!

Comment

• bio_hazard
        Knight
        • Dec 2008

They are very useful for weak mages or anybody else who benefits from stealth and not getting into melee.

Comment

• wobbly
          Prophet
          • May 2012

Pretty handy even if you are going to melee & are prepared to mess around with swaps

Comment

• Derakon
            Prophet
            • Dec 2009

Any time you see "(+X, +Y)" on an item description, that's stating the object's combat modifiers. X is the to-hit modifier, Y is the to-damage modifier. So a Ring of the Mouse with, say, (+0, -8) means that every blow you deal does 8 less damage than it otherwise would have.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎