X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brbrbr
    Adept
    • Sep 2015

What the heck is "Knocked out"??

Killed Sauron, was gathering *Healing*, got killed by plazma hounds.
    Seriously????????????????????????????????????
    WTF is "Knocked out" and why I never seen it before?

• Thraalbee
    Knight
    • Sep 2010

Stun has several levels of intensity. You go from stun to heavy stun and finally knocked out. That is usually a fatal condition. pStun is rare but you find it on e.g. headgear of serenity or ego weapon. Best to stay away from stunning attacks, mainly plasma hounds, master mystics and grand master mystics. Titans and some uniques hit for stun too iirc.
    When stunned, ALWAYS quaff !ccw or similar cure so as not get even heavier stunned or knocked out. Note that fail rates increase when stunned and melee becomes worse.

Comment

• Pete Mack
      Prophet
      • Apr 2007

Bad luck that you had never seen it before. Most players learn that around level 60, from either plasma hounds or grand master mystics.

Comment

• dos350
        Knight
        • Sep 2010

rip my bro as we honor the fallen
        ~eek

Reality hits you -more-

S+++++++++++++++++++

Comment

• Cold_Heart
          Adept
          • Mar 2012

Welcome to the most stupid death by undocumented crap in vanilla.

Comment

• A Magical Lamp
            Rookie
            • Jul 2016

Everyone's underestimated plasma hounds once or twice, one by one they're nothing but give them half a chance and they'll kill you stone dead. I'm a bit curious how you've dealt with grand master mystics til now though, they're usually the big ones for knocking you out.

Comment

• Carnivean
              Knight
              • Sep 2013

Originally posted by A Magical Lamp
              Everyone's underestimated plasma hounds once or twice, one by one they're nothing but give them half a chance and they'll kill you stone dead. I'm a bit curious how you've dealt with grand master mystics til now though, they're usually the big ones for knocking you out.
              I don't know if they've always summoned animals, but they currently do, and that makes them a prime target for an escape spell. A typical fight see's the GMM get hit once then summon 16 spiders and hounds, @ whacks a few of the hounds so they don't get a chance to breath, then the GMM will summon another 16. This leads to me going "the hell with this" and leaving the scene. I doubt that I'm alone in that.

This means that they don't get close enough to me, unless I can stand and avoid being breathed on, to even stun me. Now I know to clear the status with !CCW if it happens, so I might hang around. Others might not ever have bothered to stay close enough for long enough to get knocked out.

Comment

• A Magical Lamp
                Rookie
                • Jul 2016

Originally posted by Carnivean
                I don't know if they've always summoned animals, but they currently do, and that makes them a prime target for an escape spell. A typical fight see's the GMM get hit once then summon 16 spiders and hounds, @ whacks a few of the hounds so they don't get a chance to breath, then the GMM will summon another 16. This leads to me going "the hell with this" and leaving the scene. I doubt that I'm alone in that.

This means that they don't get close enough to me, unless I can stand and avoid being breathed on, to even stun me. Now I know to clear the status with !CCW if it happens, so I might hang around. Others might not ever have bothered to stay close enough for long enough to get knocked out.
                I don't remember them summoning animals but it's been ages since I played, my last game in ages splatted before I got to GMM depths. Yeah that'd put them into no-go territory.

Comment

• Thraalbee
                  Knight
                  • Sep 2010

They summon both animals, hounds and spiders. That can be quite deadly in an open room or long corridor. But mainly they are quite fast with strong melee and stunning attacks. So if you are in a anti summoning corridor or a tight spot and have plenty of HP as well as pStun they are not very difficult. Still, they are hardly worth the effort of killing except I always do it when I can just to get back for all the times I've had to run away from one of them.

Comment

• gglibertine
                    Adept
                    • Dec 2007

Well, shit. I was nearing DL60 with a 44th level Half-Troll Warrior, and pStun was one of only two resistances I didn't have, the other being Light. Little did I know it would be fatal. I was loaded up with healing, *healing*, and four rods of Curing but it happened so fast I didn't have time to stop it.

I've never suffered *this* particular death before.

Comment

• Estie
                      Veteran
                      • Apr 2008

Shit indeed. What exactly happened ?

Comment

• Egavactip
                        Swordsman
                        • Mar 2012

Originally posted by A Magical Lamp
                        Both of those only ever killed me once each. After that I learned to treat them with respect. I never engage with groups of plasma hounds unless I have protection and with GMM, I usually don't engage with them, period. Every once in a while if I have big advantages, I like to kill one just out of spite, but typically I give them a wide berth at any level.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎