X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StMicah
    Adept
    • Feb 2015

!Experience

I am currently playing a high-elf mage, iron man. I just stumbled on a !Experience on dlvl 30 and currently @ is clvl 27.

I am tempted to have @ drink the potion, but worry that doing this now at my current clvl and dlvl (rather than later when level gain is much harder) won't be to @'s advantage. Thoughts?

There'd be no question if I were playing a hobbit or gnome mage.

Of course, I completely expect to find more !experience but a bit later on. I just worry that I might make things harder for the next few lvls and while I try to find stat potions.
  • Derakon
    Prophet
    • Dec 2009

You get a flat amount of experience (100k points) from those potions, so it's not worth saving. The only downside to gaining levels early is that levels are your primary source of restoring drained stats in the early game, but you're largely past that point. Drink away!

Comment

• Pete Mack
      Prophet
      • Apr 2007

Quaff immediately. EXP gain is easier deeper in iron man just as in ordinary play, and 100,000 EXP is more valuable at cl 27 than cl 35 (say.) Also, slots are to valuable to waste.
      Originally posted by StMicah
      I am currently playing a high-elf mage, iron man. I just stumbled on a !Experience on dlvl 30 and currently @ is clvl 27.

I am tempted to have @ drink the potion, but worry that doing this now at my current clvl and dlvl (rather than later when level gain is much harder) won't be to @'s advantage. Thoughts?

There'd be no question if I were playing a hobbit or gnome mage.

Of course, I completely expect to find more !experience but a bit later on. I just worry that I might make things harder for the next few lvls and while I try to find stat potions.

Comment

• StMicah
        Adept
        • Feb 2015

I drank it...went from clvl 27 to clvl 29. Rather close to clvl 30 now...and much closer to rift from Kelek's (Draebor dropped both Kelek's and Resistances a little while back!)

Thanks for the input.

Edit: Oops I did not mean Kelek's...but Raal's.
        Last edited by StMicah; January 23, 2016, 19:47.

Comment

• fph
          Veteran
          • Apr 2009

Also, there is this risk: It breathes frost. Your potion of experience shatters!
          --
          Dive fast, die young, leave a high-CHA corpse.

Comment

• wurp
            Rookie
            • May 2020

Adjusted experience

It looks as if experience is adjusted for your level... or maybe it's just a lower XP penalty.
            My 23rd level Elf Mage drank a potion of Experience and went straight to 30th.

Comment

• fph
              Veteran
              • Apr 2009

The amount of XP that you gain from a potion is fixed (100k points); how it translates into levels, however, depends on (1) your XP penalty factor, and (2) your starting level.
              --
              Dive fast, die young, leave a high-CHA corpse.

Comment

• MKula
                Apprentice
                • Feb 2008

Slightly not on topic but this just happened to me on DL8 (400'). Felt weirdly satisfying!
                Attached Files
                It breathes on you.
                You die.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞