X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • krugar
    Apprentice
    • Sep 2010

Invitation for dinner at Morgoth banquet hall

I received the invite. So I came. You know, try to better our relations and all. Why can't we all be friends?

But, err... the note may have been lost in translation. I think, I'm the dish.
  • Estie
    Veteran
    • Apr 2008

I call that the Atlas and Huan vault. If one of those 2 is inside, I can wobble around the border till they trample all other monsters that wake up and move close, then open the vault and -to the 5 or so remaining uniques away, opening the sesame to a somewhat diminished (by monsters picking up and/or destroying), but still marvellous haul.

Alternatively, I may burn 2-3 mass banishment scrolls, but thats rarely worthwhile; if I get the vault very early, I probably dont have the health to survive mass banishment, and if late, I probably dont want to invest 2-3 of the scrolls.

A mage equipped with KelekĀ“s can easily plunder it, like everything else in the game.

If none of the above applies though, I politely decline and move on.

Comment

• krugar
      Apprentice
      • Sep 2010

I had to decline, much to my chagrin. It was just too much. Other than the visible uniques on that shot, there was also Saruman further to the right.

I considered using the rods of teleport other to get rid of the nastiest uniques and banish an eye druj (been killed by them too many times). I could probably then pick the rest one by one.

But it was too risky. All uniques were awake by the time I got to the vault after cleaning up the rest of the level and following me from within. As soon as I dug that opening I would probably be either teleported inside or otherwise overhwelmed by the monster density that would just consume all my healing.

Comment

• Derakon
        Prophet
        • Dec 2009

Hellpit is a seriously nasty vault with way too little of a reward -- there's only 10 "8" spots in the vault and a gigantic number of monsters. Too bad there's no way with the current vault syntax to specify "nice item with no monster on it".

Comment

• Rowan
          Adept
          • Sep 2014

Bahahaha! All of that... and Itangast is thrown in.

"Pretty great party we've got here."

"Yeah, its not too bad."

"Aw crap, who invited Itangast?"

"Heyguys! Heyguys! Ohmygod! I am soooooo stoked just to be here! You guys are like soooo famous! What are we gonna do? Can I help? Ohmygod!!!"

"Ugh... get out of here, Itangast."

"Yeah, go home, Moon Moon."

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡