X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ingwe Ingweron
    Veteran
    • Jan 2009

Why is !Heroism sold in the Temple?

It doesn't matter at all, but it is a mystery to me why !Heroism is sold in the Temple rather than the Magic Shop. Isn't Heroism an "Arcane" magic (MB-8 Tensers)? I don't remember it being in the Priest books.
    “We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
    ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead
  • Estie
    Veteran
    • Apr 2008

And restore life levels is sold by the alchemist. I think that during the many changes recently people tried to keep something important in each shop and ended up disregarding the origin of the effect.

Comment

• Derakon
      Prophet
      • Dec 2009

Heroism has always been sold at the temple; the magic store has never sold potions, unless you sold them to it in the first place. So we're just dealing with a combination of inertia and the inscrutable decisions of the original devs. Heck, they may have inherited the temple's default stock from Moria, which didn't have a Heroism spell as best I can recall.

Comment

• Ingwe Ingweron
        Veteran
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Derakon
        ...the magic store has never sold potions, unless you sold them to it in the first place. So we're just dealing with a combination of inertia and the inscrutable decis...
        The Alchemy Shop DOES sell potions. !rHeat, !rCold, !Berserk strength, !Infravision, !Restore Life Levels, ....
        “We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
        ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
          Prophet
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Ingwe Ingweron
          The Alchemy Shop DOES sell potions. !rHeat, !rCold, !Berserk strength, !Infravision, !Restore Life Levels, ....
          Alchemy does, magic doesn't.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍