X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tibarius
    Swordsman
    • Jun 2011

artefacts colored?

items of such power are somehow (should be?) distinguishable from normal Equipment

maybe there could be a UI-Option to show artefacts in a Special Color? (similar to unique Monsters in purple)
    Blondes are more fun!
  • pav
    Administrator
    • Apr 2007

Wouldn't it be strange for items to change color the moment they are identified?
    See the elves and everything! http://angband.oook.cz

Comment

• Tibarius
      Swordsman
      • Jun 2011

re: ID

Yeah, i thought that artefacts ID themself anyway if you pick them up, until now i always got the {Special} flag on picking an artefact up. So, if they had another colour (before IDing) that would basically reveal the same just before i pick it up.
      Blondes are more fun!

Comment

• bio_hazard
        Knight
        • Dec 2008

I think changing color would be pretty neat actually. I wouldn't see this as a bug.

Comment

• Lionmaruu
          Scout
          • Nov 2013

Maybe we embrace the color code from most mmo/diablo-like games and make them all orange!

Comment

• EpicMan
            Swordsman
            • Dec 2009

Or purple to match unique monsters. And with as many artifacts as appear in Angband they're more like "epic" items than the handful of artifacts you see in many games (though I must confess I haven't played Diablo 3 or 2, maybe the loot is a lot different from D1). I'm mostly thinking of MMOs and such.

Portralis had colored items, but the colors mostly differentiated between normal/worthless items, ego items (pink), and egos with levelling (blue and green). Artifacts were yellow while crafted items were orange I think.
            Last edited by EpicMan; January 31, 2015, 16:29. Reason: Added clarification

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎