Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tibarius
    Swordsman
    • Jun 2011

once i won the game with every class ...

Once i won the game with every class i have to Play it with randarts on

P.S. How do i "post" a character to the ladder? Is there a how-to thread somewhere i could read?
    Blondes are more fun!

Comment

• quarague
      Swordsman
      • Jun 2012

On the character screen press 'f' for file. This will generate a character dump file in your angband directory. Then click on ladder on this site, there you can upload said file to be included in the ladder.

Comment

• Angrist
        Adept
        • Jul 2014

How to distribute the points on my HT Paladin? I put 17 STR and 18 DEX.

Comment

• mushroom patch
          Swordsman
          • Oct 2014

I think that's the right idea. STR and DEX enough to get as many blows as possible, the rest in WIS. Some would prefer CON, but personally I prefer getting reasonable spell casting early to the hp.

Comment

• Angrist
            Adept
            • Jul 2014

That's why I loved playing as a mage. Usually as a Gnome. Mage needs only INT. I just chose Gnome Mage. Put points in INT. And receive a cLvel 1 mage with 18/50 INT, which receives 3 new spells for every 2 levels. Impressive amount of mana. And low fail chance.

Comment

• Derakon
              Prophet
              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Angrist
              That's why I loved playing as a mage. Usually as a Gnome. Mage needs only INT. I just chose Gnome Mage. Put points in INT. And receive a cLvel 1 mage with 18/50 INT, which receives 3 new spells for every 2 levels. Impressive amount of mana. And low fail chance.
              And horrible STR, so you can't carry/wear much.

Warriors have pretty simple stat distributions too -- you just dump everything into STR and DEX to maximize your blows/round. An HT-Paladin is going to basically be a warrior through the early game anyway. You can dump points into WIS at the start, but that mostly just reduces the number of Potions of Wisdom you need before you start being a vaguely effective spellcaster.

Comment

• Angrist
                Adept
                • Jul 2014

Oh, has killed 4 HT Paladins http://angband.oook.cz/ladder-browse...&e=Angrist&s=0 , none of them was as successful as my Priests. Now turn to the HT Rogue . Good STR, normal DEX, awesome detection spell.

Comment

• Khuzdul
                  Scout
                  • Dec 2014

I have no idea how long it would take, but try something like Dwarven Warrior, High-Elven Mage or Dwarven Paladin. All these combos have worked for me surprisingly quickly.

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
                    Prophet
                    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Tibarius
                    I played yesterday for around 10 hours and maybe another 14 hours today. So i needed around 24 hours real time to Level a Gnome mage from Level 1 to Winner Status.

Is that quick, dull or would you consider it a normal time to win the game with a new char?

Any feedback is welcomed. Thanks.
                    Around 20 hours real time is what I use to finish game, so for me 24 hours is about normal. For gnome mage definitely normal (I find these fragile mages hard to play fast).

Comment

• Bogatyr
                      Knight
                      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Timo Pietilä
                      Around 20 hours real time is what I use to finish game, so for me 24 hours is about normal. For gnome mage definitely normal (I find these fragile mages hard to play fast).
                      I don't time myself but I take way way way longer than you guys it seems. Maybe I don't dive fast enough or something. But I've generally started doing so, once I get rPoison, decent damage, and feel "comfortable" around dlev 40 (or have tons of stealth and/or speed), now I just head right for dlev98/99 until I'm ready for the big fight.

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
                        Prophet
                        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Bogatyr
                        I don't time myself but I take way way way longer than you guys it seems. Maybe I don't dive fast enough or something. But I've generally started doing so, once I get rPoison, decent damage, and feel "comfortable" around dlev 40 (or have tons of stealth and/or speed), now I just head right for dlev98/99 until I'm ready for the big fight.
                        20 hours playing time. Might take over a month whole, several days between gaming sessions. You need to eat, sleep and work too.

Comment

• Bogatyr
                          Knight
                          • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Timo Pietilä
                          20 hours playing time. Might take over a month whole, several days between gaming sessions. You need to eat, sleep and work too.
                          Do you avoid massive vaults with "superb" treasures? Cleaning one of those out with tons of OOD monsters that you can nonetheless deal with one on one can take hours alone.

Comment

• Derakon
                            Prophet
                            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Bogatyr
                            Do you avoid massive vaults with "superb" treasures? Cleaning one of those out with tons of OOD monsters that you can nonetheless deal with one on one can take hours alone.
                            Big vaults make the level feeling basically meaningless, because there can be so many not-quite-trash ego items in there that it pegs at "superb" no matter what.

As for taking on such vaults, it's all a question of what monsters are in there and what the terrain is like. You can do a huge vault pretty quickly if you teleport away everything dangerous.

Comment

• AnonymousHero
                              Veteran
                              • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Derakon
                              You can do a huge vault pretty quickly if you teleport away everything dangerous.
                              Bingo! This is the primary thing new players tend to forget. There are a lot of vaults where you can loot a ridiculous amount of great items if you have a stick/spell of TeleOther and/or a stick/spell of digging walls. (Oh, and avoid ?Teleport if you attempt this.)

Comment

• Bogatyr
                                Knight
                                • Feb 2014

Originally posted by AnonymousHero
                                Bingo! This is the primary thing new players tend to forget. There are a lot of vaults where you can loot a ridiculous amount of great items if you have a stick/spell of TeleOther and/or a stick/spell of digging walls. (Oh, and avoid ?Teleport if you attempt this.)
                                And if you don't have infinite reliable TO, it can take ages...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎