X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thailog
    Rookie
    • Jan 2015

Help with using spellbook inscriptions

I'm actually playing NPPAngband and am stumped on an issue I'm having with spellbook inscriptions. I haven't played in many years.

It seems like my number keys at the top of my keyboard are acting like the number keys on the 10 digit keypad.

I'm playing a priest and I have the Words of Wisdom spellbook inscribed as @p2@G2@b2!d!v!k. When I try and cast from that book, I press p and it then lists the spellbooks, then press 2 at the top of the keyboard and rather than open that spellbook, it just goes down the list of spellbooks by 1. As if I had typed the 2 on the 10 digit keypad.

I don't have a spellbook inscribed as 8, but if I try p then 8, it goes up the list of spellbooks as if I pressed 8 on the 10 digit keypad to move up.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks!
  • AnonymousHero
    Veteran
    • Jun 2007

Try toggling your NumLock key. That's usually at the root of these problems.

Comment

• Thailog
      Rookie
      • Jan 2015

Thanks for the suggestion. I just tried that and that didn't seem to solve the problem.

Comment

• MattB
        Veteran
        • Mar 2013

It's a long shot but have you tried spaces? e.g. <@p2 @G2 @b2 @m2>

Comment

• Thailog
          Rookie
          • Jan 2015

No luck with that either. It seems like this functionality just doesn't work in NPP. Trying to inscribe and use rods with Z wasn't working either.

I've actually switched back to trying the latest V version now, after taking that NPP character all the way to Morgoth and dieing (by far the best character I've ever had).

I noticed in V, that the same thing was happening with my books inscribed with p, but with them inscribed with m and using m to cast, it works fine.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎