X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Estie
    Veteran
    • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Raajaton
    I do like it, though not as much as Angband and its variants. I appreciated its take on utilizing cooldowns in place of consumables for more tactical combat. You don't have that safe point of the late game where you're swimming in consumables and can basically wade through anything. It took many many games, but I did eventually get a couple of winners on permadeath (Yeek Solipsist, Thalore Oozemancer, and Dwarf Wyrmic). I'll admit that all of the race/class combos I won with I would consider legitimately OP.

The randomized uniques can certainly be a pain in the ass, but the game does give you some indication of what to expect once you've played it enough. When you 'l'ook at them, you can tell what abilities they're gonna have by what buffs they have generally.

I haven't played it a whole lot lately, but I'll admit there was a period where I was feeling a bit burnt out on Angband and it did feel like a breath of fresh air at the time. Now though I am very much sucked into poschengband.
    Well I figured that "l"ooking at every random boss might give enough hints, but given that the default uses elaborate tiles which gives many many MORE options to show useful information at a glance than ASCII, they managed to actually show LESS than the restricted ASCII roguelikes. Quite the feat in anti-gamedesign.

Cooldown based play ala WoW is interesting, but I miss the kind of addons that WoW has to actually make the game playable :/

/end rant

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍