X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bron
    Knight
    • May 2008

Minor bug in 3.5: phase door into a vault

I just completed a game of 3.5, and noticed something odd: when I arrived on level 100, Morgoth was inside a Greater Vault. I think that's kinda odd in and of itself, but regardless, when I entered the vault to do battle, Morgoth hit with Grond and caused an earthquake. This caused my map to lose the info about the affected area, but it also seemed to cause the area to lose its "vaultiness" attribute, in that after that, whenever I read a phase door scroll, I could appear inside the vault, inside the area that was affected by the earthquake.

I believe this is probably a bug: surely vaults are suppose to retain the "no teleport to" feature even after an earthquake. And I presume that any earthquake would have the same effect (not just a Grond srike), and probably *Destruction* as well (?)
  • debo
    Veteran
    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by bron
    I just completed a game of 3.5, and noticed something odd: when I arrived on level 100, Morgoth was inside a Greater Vault. I think that's kinda odd in and of itself, but regardless, when I entered the vault to do battle, Morgoth hit with Grond and caused an earthquake. This caused my map to lose the info about the affected area, but it also seemed to cause the area to lose its "vaultiness" attribute, in that after that, whenever I read a phase door scroll, I could appear inside the vault, inside the area that was affected by the earthquake.

I believe this is probably a bug: surely vaults are suppose to retain the "no teleport to" feature even after an earthquake. And I presume that any earthquake would have the same effect (not just a Grond srike), and probably *Destruction* as well (?)
    iirc, this has been reported already (How dare you not read and memorize ever single thread on oook!)
    Glaurung, Father of the Dragons says, 'You cannot avoid the ballyhack.'

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍