What exactly is shatter? And how make a character dump?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MattB
    Veteran
    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Amnekian
    When gearing up for the big M, how many consumables do I need of each to feel comfortable for the fight? For potion of speed, *healing*, restore mana.
    It's overkill, but here's my list. Once I hit these limits in my home I carry any extra I find and use them in the dungeon.

potions
    20 healing
    20 *healing*
    10 life
    20 speed
    10 beserk
    10 heroism
    20 restore mana (if relevant)

scrolls
    10 banishment
    10 mass banishment
    10 holy prayer
    (I don't bother with *destruction* or rune of protection any more)

I also carry mushrooms of vigour and potions of rpois, rcold and rfire, if I don't have access to a double resist on these.

EDIT: Scrolls of teleport too, of course.
    Last edited by MattB; April 30, 2014, 00:56.

Comment

• krazyhades
      Swordsman
      • Jun 2013

Wow that is so much overkill. Unless you're killing him with a shovel.

edit: I still use teleport other on M + *Destruction* to clear nastier packs of uniques.
      Last edited by krazyhades; April 30, 2014, 03:58.

Comment

• Kosonen
        Rookie
        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by MattB
        It's overkill, but here's my list. Once I hit these limits in my home I carry any extra I find and use them in the dungeon.

potions
        > healing
        10 *healing*
        5 life
        (20 speed)
        (20 restore mana)

scrolls
        5 banishment
        5 mass banishment

(potions of rpois, rcold and rfire, if I don't have access to a double resist on these.)

EDIT: Scrolls of teleport too, of course.
        Fixed it for ya. 5 x !life still sounds pretty grindy. !speed. !mana and !elements if relevant. !healing is pretty common and not a problem. If you've already found 10 !*healing* you probably have somewhere around ~25-35 !healing.

Personally i can't be bothered with !berserk, !heroism or ?holy prayer. Quaff a !hero and read a ?holy before the fight, but I wouldn't blow a turn for them.

*destruction* might remove Morgy, too, am I right? TO him first, if that's the case.

Comment

• Derakon
          Prophet
          • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Kosonen
          *destruction* might remove Morgy, too, am I right? TO him first, if that's the case.
          Yep. Destruction removes everything except permanent walls and stairs.

Comment

• krazyhades
            Swordsman
            • Jun 2013

M will respawn on the level after a Destruction, but it takes forever.

Comment

• Kosonen
              Rookie
              • Aug 2013

Originally posted by krazyhades
              M will respawn on the level after a Destruction, but it takes forever.
              ...and that's only relevant for you ironmans. Otherwise just recall, right? Or back to '99.

Comment

• quarague
                Swordsman
                • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Kosonen
                Fixed it for ya. 5 x !life still sounds pretty grindy. !speed. !mana and !elements if relevant. !healing is pretty common and not a problem. If you've already found 10 !*healing* you probably have somewhere around ~25-35 !healing.

Personally i can't be bothered with !berserk, !heroism or ?holy prayer. Quaff a !hero and read a ?holy before the fight, but I wouldn't blow a turn for them.

I think that can be fixed again :-) IIRC first the difference between life and *heal is mostly that life also recovers drained stats and xp, the increased healing is irrelevant in practise because *heal should already bring you back to full health apart from very desperate situations with HT warriors. Second, Morgy only drains stats in melee. So if you either engage him at range or have sustains for all stats that you care about, you need 0 life potions.

Comment

• krazyhades
                  Swordsman
                  • Jun 2013

Most importantly, life and heal can both "be thrown with damaging effect."

One of these years I'm going to last hit Morgoth with a Potion of *Life* and screencap it.

Comment

• Derakon
                    Prophet
                    • Dec 2009

Originally posted by krazyhades
                    Most importantly, life and heal can both "be thrown with damaging effect."

One of these years I'm going to last hit Morgoth with a Potion of *Life* and screencap it.
                    Alas, this may not be possible; the potions only deal 1 damage and Morgoth regenerates quickly...

Comment

• krazyhades
                      Swordsman
                      • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Derakon
                      Alas, this may not be possible; the potions only deal 1 damage and Morgoth regenerates quickly...
                      I'll just have to get greater than 30 speed and somehow track turns correctly so as to know when I'll get a double move, use an attack to get him to 1, then chuck the potion. Some day...some day...

I can be patient. For this, I can be patient.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎