X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Derakon
    Prophet
    • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Nick
    even relatively sane people (I mention no names this time)
    Only because you'd be hard-pressed to think of any.

Malak: nobody was arguing about removing doors last time. The argument was more "Doors are pretty pointless as it stands, sure, but they aren't offensive (i.e. making gameplay worse by their presence), so please be certain that the changes you're suggesting are actually going to make a difference, ideally in a positive way."

Somehow that got misread as "the devs are trying to destroy the game! Again!" That seems to happen a lot around here.

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
      Prophet
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Malak Darkhunter
      That was kind of exactly my point Timo, permanent doors for vaults harder doors to open is more interesting in my opionion...now why didnt anybody agree to that then?
      I don't actually see anybody disagreeing either. It's more like meta-discussion about doors as they are now without anybody saying any real improvement ideas. Derakon even said this
      Originally posted by Derakon
      Hey, I'd be all for locked doors making a meaningful difference.
      And also this:
      Originally posted by Derakon
      I don't think that there's much point in making it horribly difficult for some characters to pick locks.
      I agree on both counts. Doors should not be hard for player to get thru, except maybe in some special cases (like vaults). OTOH it should be possible to player to make doors more difficult obstacles to monsters in some meaningful manner. Glyph of Warding inscribed in door instead under you.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎