X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bio_hazard
    Knight
    • Dec 2008

Feature Suggestion- item-specific inventory cap

It would be nice to have auto-pick-up-if-matching-inventory work up until some limit that the player could set. For example, my priest becomes overburdened when he inadvertently picks up 4 or 5 of each town book. Right now I'd like a limit of 2 or 3, so I won't keep picking them up and carrying around the extra weight. However, I'd like to be able to change that upwards once I find a few strength potions and weight is less of a concern. I don't think squelch is the answer because I may need the books on the ground if the ones in inventory get destroyed.

Even better, be able to set this for all of an item type (e.g. books, staves, etc)

Note that I wouldn't want this to replace the confirm prompt for going over your encumbrance limit.
  • chrispitude
    Rookie
    • Feb 2014

Originally posted by bio_hazard
    It would be nice to have auto-pick-up-if-matching-inventory work up until some limit that the player could set. For example, my priest becomes overburdened when he inadvertently picks up 4 or 5 of each town book. Right now I'd like a limit of 2 or 3, so I won't keep picking them up and carrying around the extra weight. However, I'd like to be able to change that upwards once I find a few strength potions and weight is less of a concern. I don't think squelch is the answer because I may need the books on the ground if the ones in inventory get destroyed.

Even better, be able to set this for all of an item type (e.g. books, staves, etc)

Note that I wouldn't want this to replace the confirm prompt for going over your encumbrance limit.
    I have the same problem and would like the exact feature you describe.

Comment

• molybdenum
      Apprentice
      • May 2013

Originally posted by bio_hazard

There is a ticket for this (http://trac.rephial.org/ticket/858), but as you can see, it hasn't been tackled.

In the meantime, I prevent picking up extra books by inscribing the ones in my inventory with '!k' and then squelch them. The ones in your inventory stay put, but you don't see or pick up any on the ground. If you do end up needing any, you can just toggle squelch with 'K'.

Comment

• krazyhades
        Swordsman
        • Jun 2013

I do the same with !d and the roguelike keyset, which AFAIK has the same effect.

Comment

• bio_hazard
          Knight
          • Dec 2008

Thanks- maybe I'll give that a try.

Comment

• Philip
            Knight
            • Jul 2009

That leads to books destroyed by fire not being replaced. It's a fun workaround, but it has issues.

Comment

• Estie
              Veteran
              • Apr 2008

I only do that if I have fire immunity; otherwise, I just occasionally drop off surplus books that have accumulated. But always with dungeon books.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎