X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Magnate
    Angband Devteam member
    • May 2007

Originally posted by Therem Harth
    Cool, glad to hear. I'm hoping to get the next release done by Christmas Day, so if you have any tips now on a good way to do it...
    Did you mean New Year's Day? Or are you very close to release??
    "Been away so long I hardly knew the place, gee it's good to be back home" - The Beatles

Comment

• Therem Harth
      Knight
      • Jan 2008

I meant tomorrow. N/M though, it can wait.

Comment

• Scatha
        Swordsman
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by fizzix
        I don't think Scatha's solution works. I also think sil could use squelch too. Although it's not in much of a need of it because the level size and length of game is shorter.
        Sorry for the slow reply. I'm interested to know what you mean by not working, or how you don't think it works. Note that I don't think it would remove junk, but I think that it would help to reduce it (also, Sil has nothing of this sort -- in any case it's a slightly hackish after-the-fact fix for item generation).

I can understand the attraction of squelch for minimising effort -- I think this may be the right approach if you really don't want junk appearing, so I can see why you might want it in Sil. However I don't mind some junk if it's at a level where it doesn't demand too much player attention. I actually find some junk helps flavour and immersion.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎