Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • quarague
    Swordsman
    • Jun 2012

I just noticed that this free information issue through targetting also occurs with detection spells (in 3.4.1). Enter a new level, cast 'detect monster' and the window with the monster info distinguishes LOS and monsters you are aware off. Alternatively you can try to target monsters and you will where you have LOS and where you don't. Was that also changed in 3.5. or is this still there? Either way the behaviour of monsters outside of LOS should be consistent between ESP and detection spells.

Comment

• PowerWyrm
      Prophet
      • Apr 2008

Latest build (548-g98e921c) has reverted the change.
      PWMAngband variant maintainer - check https://github.com/draconisPW/PWMAngband (or http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9) to learn more about this new variant!

Comment

• Ingwe Ingweron
        Veteran
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by PowerWyrm
        Latest build (548-g98e921c) has reverted the change.
        Hooray! By the time @ has ESP, I'm generally using mapping scrolls/staves/rods/artifacts to map the area. Can't say I ever considered using ESP and targeting to gain map information. It was frustrating to quickly "target" a monster, only to have my spell or missile crash into a wall because it was diverted to a closer monster clearly blocked. For some reason, I had a hard time getting my brain to wrap around the change when I absolutely knew a closer monster wasn't "targetable". Thank you!
        “We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
        ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍