• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BrandonD
    Rookie
    • Aug 2013

Strength Potion bug?

Something else I noticed while playing recently:

While consuming the "stat boosting" potions along the way, they all appear to be working fine. My stats are all 18+ now.

However, the last 3 strength potions I drank have not raised my strength at all. It has stopped at 18/120 - but I've noticed that Dexterity has gone up to 18/160. So it seems as though strength should be able to be raised higher as well.

Is there another reason why my strength will no go beyond 18/120? Or is this perhaps a bug?
  • BrandonD
    Rookie
    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by BrandonD
    Something else I noticed while playing recently:

While consuming the "stat boosting" potions along the way, they all appear to be working fine. My stats are all 18+ now.

However, the last 3 strength potions I drank have not raised my strength at all. It has stopped at 18/120 - but I've noticed that Dexterity has gone up to 18/160. So it seems as though strength should be able to be raised higher as well.

Is there another reason why my strength will no go beyond 18/120? Or is this perhaps a bug?
    Never mind, I believe I've found the solution. I've noticed that there is an exclamation next to Dex and Str stat numbers. It appears that the most you can raise the stats to naturally is 18/100. The rest must be done with armor and such, right?

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
      Prophet
      • Apr 2007

It appears that the most you can raise the stats to naturally is 18/100. The rest must be done with armor and such, right?
      Correct. Max you can get is at 18/220 (which shows as 18/***). Higher than that doesn't have any other effect than give you buffer against stat draining.

Some effects stop getting better a bit sooner though, for example CON HP-effect stops at 18/200 and you get theft-proof at DEX 18/150.

Comment

• takkaria
        Veteran
        • Apr 2007

Never mind, I believe I've found the solution. I've noticed that there is an exclamation next to Dex and Str stat numbers. It appears that the most you can raise the stats to naturally is 18/100. The rest must be done with armor and such, right?
        The game now has maximise mode turned on permanently, which means that race and class bonuses to stats apply to the stat maximums as well as their starting values. That's why you've noticed a change.
        takkaria whispers something about options. -more-

Comment

• Derakon
          Prophet
          • Dec 2009

You have an "internal" stat that goes up to 18/100 and then stops. Potions of Strength et al affect this stat. Then your race, class, and equipment bonuses are added or subtracted to this value.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎