X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BrandonD
    Rookie
    • Aug 2013

Angband Bug

Hi, big fan of Angband. Never beat it, but I'm at lvl 33 with high elf paladin currently.

Anyway, I'm only chiming in here because it seems I've discovered a bug in the game. I'm playing V3.4.1 - dirty (if that is worth mentioning)

Anyway, I was on a dungeon level and trying to figure out why my available equipment slots had reduced from 20 (up to letter T) to 19 (up to letter S). I decided to drop one of my quivers of bolts and see if this freed up an equipment slot.

Unfortunately I don't recall the precise details on the number of bolts and their exact magical bonuses. I think they were somewhere around (0,1) - I know that I was discarding the weakest bolts of the bunch. There were between 19 and 25 of them.

Anyway, I went to the command "Drop all" and pressed enter. The rainbow wheel of death came up and the program crashed.

I restarted, and was disappointed to see that I had been set back a bit. Ah well, I went in and cleaned up as before. I reached a point once again where I decided to drop those same bolts. It was in a slightly different area of that same dungeon (level 38 I'm pretty certain). Once again, when I clicked enter on "Drop all" the spinning wheel came up and the program crashed.

If it happened once I would say it's my computer's deal, but twice with the same action and I'd say there's a good chance it's a bug.

Anyway, just wanted to pass on the info. Love the game!
    Last edited by BrandonD; August 4, 2013, 11:08.
  • takkaria
    Veteran
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by BrandonD
    Hi, big fan of Angband. Never beat it, but I'm at lvl 33 with high elf paladin currently.

Anyway, I'm only chiming in here because it seems I've discovered a bug in the game. I'm playing V3.4.1 - dirty (if that is worth mentioning)

Anyway, I was on a dungeon level and trying to figure out why my available equipment slots had reduced from 20 (up to letter T) to 19 (up to letter S). I decided to drop one of my quivers of bolts and see if this freed up an equipment slot.

Unfortunately I don't recall the precise details on the number of bolts and their exact magical bonuses. I think they were somewhere around (0,1) - I know that I was discarding the weakest bolts of the bunch. There were between 19 and 25 of them.

Anyway, I went to the command "Drop all" and pressed enter. The rainbow wheel of death came up and the program crashed.

I restarted, and was disappointed to see that I had been set back a bit. Ah well, I went in and cleaned up as before. I reached a point once again where I decided to drop those same bolts. It was in a slightly different area of that same dungeon (level 38 I'm pretty certain). Once again, when I clicked enter on "Drop all" the spinning wheel came up and the program crashed.

If it happened once I would say it's my computer's deal, but twice with the same action and I'd say there's a good chance it's a bug.

Anyway, just wanted to pass on the info. Love the game!
    Could you send me the savefile? takkaria+angband "at" gmail.com. Thanks for the report!
    takkaria whispers something about options. -more-

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍