X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jrodman
    Apprentice
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by OOD Town drunk
    I apologize if this has been mentioned, sometimes there are far too many posts to browse, but I am unaware of any reason to not just completely forget about every form of food (save mushrooms) and just pack around a few scrolls of satisfy hunger. They fill you up completely without any chance of over stuffing yourself. The green glutton ghost will not be any bother either. Granted, scrolls burn, but I find them all around more useful.
    The main reason is that they cost more, and money is scarce before you enter the dungeon the first time.

Comment

• Derakon
      Prophet
      • Dec 2009

Most of my characters don't bother carrying food for most of the game. Early on it can be worthwhile to lug a few rations or ?SatHunger around, but most of the time I get by from eating until full in the town, and then just scrounging off of what the dungeon provides when diving.

Comment

• DaviddesJ
        Swordsman
        • Mar 2008

Since food is essentially free, you can also just pick up some rations when you're in town, and then throw them away if you find something in the dungeon to hold in that slot.

Hunger is not really a factor in Angband, with normal play. Bloating can be a factor, if you're not careful.

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
          Prophet
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Derakon
          Most of my characters don't bother carrying food for most of the game. Early on it can be worthwhile to lug a few rations or ?SatHunger around, but most of the time I get by from eating until full in the town, and then just scrounging off of what the dungeon provides when diving.
          I carry elven waybread with my warriors. They are lighter than scrolls, cure poison and are invulnerable to elemental damages.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎