X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Raajaton
    Swordsman
    • May 2012

3.5-dev error on startup

Playing the most recent nightly. Whenever I load up my save file I get the following error :

Parse error in \lib\pref\graf-shb.prf line 157 column 5 : unrecognized tval

After the game loads it loads up with tiles, except the player is represented by the @ still. I got this error when I first made this character, switched over to no graphics, which is how I play anyway, and everything was fine. It reverted back to tiles again when loading it up the second time, but it seems I can switch it back to no graphics, and play again as usual.

It also seems that a few of the keybinds I made last play session didn't save, although others did.
    Last edited by Raajaton; May 15, 2013, 21:40.
  • Raajaton
    Swordsman
    • May 2012

I'm a noob when looking at code, but from what I can tell the tval for iron spikes was removed, but they are still being called in graf-shb.prf which is generating the error.

Comment

• Raajaton
      Swordsman
      • May 2012

So to satisfy my own curiosity I commented out the line in graf-shb.prf pertaining to the iron spikes. The game then started generating more errors which pointed to line 458 - an empty bottle. It was in a section called "junk" which labeled a bunch of things I hadn't seen before, various types of skulls and skeletons, broken stick, etc. I commented out each of those lines and my save game opens without any errors. It still loads with tiles turned on each time instead of remembering that I had played without graphics enabled, but upon loading with graphics on it actually uses the correct tile for a mage now, instead of displaying the @.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎