X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kiyoshi Aman
    Scout
    • Apr 2007

IRC Feature Requests 1

It seems people want ego monsters that are not uniques [e.g., ghost yeeks, skeleton warriors, etc].

Additionally, someone said that if I'm going to report the ego monster RFE, I might as well also suggest non-ego item modification [like materials] and percentile resistances [e.g., 50% resistance to fire].
    "The Earth...is for the living. The dead have neither rights nor powers on it." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "Aim above morality. Be not simply good, be good for something." -- Mark Twain
  • Neil Stevens
    Scout
    • May 2007

Originally posted by Kiyoshi Aman
    It seems people want ego monsters that are not uniques [e.g., ghost yeeks, skeleton warriors, etc].

Additionally, someone said that if I'm going to report the ego monster RFE, I might as well also suggest non-ego item modification [like materials] and percentile resistances [e.g., 50% resistance to fire].
    I would hate to see Angband drop the nice and simple resistance system it has now. It'd be a real shame. Yeah, some of the numbers are weird, but for any given resistance you etiher have it or don't, and either need it or don't. There are no numbers to worry about unless you're an advanced player pushing edges and diving as fast as you can.

Comment

• Elsairon
      Adept
      • Apr 2007

What would this add, other than randomized monster abilities?

I like the ego monster idea, and I think this conflicts with how monster memory works now.

Comment

• camlost
        Sangband 1.x Maintainer
        • Apr 2007

Player Ghosts in Sangband (and presumably O/FA?) come with full monster memory, so this isn't necessarily an issue.
        a chunk of Bronze {These look tastier than they are. !E}
        3 blank Parchments (Vellum) {No french novels please.}

Comment

• Elsairon
          Adept
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by camlost
          Player Ghosts in Sangband (and presumably O/FA?) come with full monster memory, so this isn't necessarily an issue.
          Glad to hear that. Perhaps we will get a chance to see some suprises with randomized monsters at some point.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎