X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VAYASEN
    Rookie
    • Apr 2013

Lvl / Depth?

Hi all, used to play Moria all those years ago, so pleased to find Angband. Hooked again

Can I ask a few questions.

1- What would be your advice in terms of your char level, what depth.

For example, as a level 22 Warrior, what levels should I be visiting in your opinion?

2- Vaults etc. To my knowledge, I havnt seen one yet. Am I doing something wrong or is it a case of, you will know when you find one?

I remember Moria, you used to find Potions that increased your stats, at what level do you start finding these?

EDIT-

One more, I have a Nexus 7, is there a way to play the graphical version on android? I found an old 'character' graphical dload but I cant bring myself to play it.?

cheers for any help.
  • Timo Pietilä
    Prophet
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by VAYASEN
    One more, I have a Nexus 7
    Dang, another skinjob, time to call blade runner.

Comment

• Mondkalb
      Knight
      • Apr 2007

There are no general rules, but char level = dungeon level is a (conservative) way to go.

Vaults may turn up any time but are considerable more common on deeper levels.

Stat potions get somewhat common after 1300'.
      My Angband winners so far

My FAangband efforts so far

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
        Prophet
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Mondkalb
        There are no general rules, but char level = dungeon level is a (conservative) way to go.

Vaults may turn up any time but are considerable more common on deeper levels.

Stat potions get somewhat common after 1300'.
        Native depth for those is 1500', meaning that you might get them a bit earlier with OoD checks or vaults, and as normal floor items after 1500'. They get more and more common deeper (augmentation potions that raise all stats also appear a bit later and are actually quite common considering that single equals six normal stat-potion).

You have to start diving faster than clvl = dlvl at some point simply because dlvls go to 100+ and clvl tops up at 50. If you are going 2500' (dlvl 50) at clvl 50 you are going very slowly. It depends of your race/class combinations, but I find warriors and priests flying past early game (priest are at the very beginning a bit slow, but only the very very early) and struggling at mid-game and again fast at very deep, mages very hard early but getting easier and easier toward end of the game, rogues, paladins and rangers kinda steady pace chars.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎