X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chud
    Swordsman
    • Jun 2010

Autoinscription settings stored where?

Where are autoinscription settings stored, so I can import them rather than re-entering them all for each new character? Thanks!
  • academic.sam
    Scout
    • Mar 2013

It looks like they are saved in the savefile itself. So, it doesn't seem possible to import to a new char.

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
      Prophet
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by academic.sam
      It looks like they are saved in the savefile itself. So, it doesn't seem possible to import to a new char.
      It is kinda annoying because it is not class-specific. For example I have inscriptions for both mage and priest spellbooks, but one doesn't need other books so I also squelch them. Not going to happen, there is inscription in a way.

Comment

• academic.sam
        Scout
        • Mar 2013

These auto-inscriptions should really belong in the preference files. Coding part shouldn't be too onerous. But one never knows with the complex codebase of Angband. Not sure how one goes about contributing. Can someone create a ticket and send patches?

BTW, Timo, it is nice to see you still active. I remember back in the day (late 90's) your ironman quests (bookless hobbit mage .. yikes..)

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
          Prophet
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by academic.sam
          These auto-inscriptions should really belong in the preference files. Coding part shouldn't be too onerous. But one never knows with the complex codebase of Angband. Not sure how one goes about contributing. Can someone create a ticket and send patches?

BTW, Timo, it is nice to see you still active. I remember back in the day (late 90's) your ironman quests (bookless hobbit mage .. yikes..)
          Still here. My "achievements" have been superseded by several people now. IIRC Eddie did egoless win with some char not very long ago. I play just for fun now; I seem to have hard time actually winning the game, playing it is so much more fun than winning that I delay the anticlimactic final fight until I no longer have any challenge from anything.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎