X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MKula
    Apprentice
    • Feb 2008

[Feature Request] No auto-quit on death

This is something that has been bugging me for a while. Whenever @ dies (and, for me, that`s pretty often, heh), I of course get the standard post-mortum screen, etc, and after that the only thing left to do is... exit the game?

Wouldn`t it be more feasible to have it automatically bring you back to the character generation screens, as opposed to a forced quit?
    Just my feable and insignificant gripe, so please bear with.
    It breathes on you.
    You die.
  • takkaria
    Veteran
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by MKula
    This is something that has been bugging me for a while. Whenever @ dies (and, for me, that`s pretty often, heh), I of course get the standard post-mortum screen, etc, and after that the only thing left to do is... exit the game?

Wouldn`t it be more feasible to have it automatically bring you back to the character generation screens, as opposed to a forced quit?
    It wouldn't be more feasible, but it would be better. That is in fact one of my long-term goals with the game, but it will take a long time to get there, because the code isn't written in such a way as to make that doable at the moment.
    takkaria whispers something about options. -more-

Comment

• Bandobras
      Knight
      • Apr 2007

Why not a quick hack, you know, exec of our own filename? Or is it not portable?

Edit: Oh, I see, when you manually place your Angband windows, restarting would not preserve their location. Otherwise just a trivial script would do --- launching Angband binary in a loop, once the previous one exited...
      Last edited by Bandobras; February 8, 2008, 13:46.

Comment

• MKula
        Apprentice
        • Feb 2008

Edit: Oh, I see, when you manually place your Angband windows, restarting would not preserve their location.
        Really? I mean, I don`t know coding well enough to dig into the Angband source, but as far as window placement is concerned, that lovely angband.ini file doesn`t count for anything?

Oh, and thanks for the quick response, takkaria. Your answer was... concise, and lacked any real need for discussion at all.
        It breathes on you.
        You die.

Comment

• Bandobras
          Knight
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by MKula
          but as far as window placement is concerned, that lovely angband.ini file doesn`t count for anything?
          Never seen it. Is it Windows specific? Does it record your window placement? Actually, do you have multiple separate Angband windows on Windows, as we have in X11? Anyway, if angband.ini records all you want, just write your little angband.bat that starts angband.exe in a loop and that's all.

Comment

• nobody
            Apprentice
            • Jul 2007

yeah we have multiple windows on windows, as long as we're not sing the con port. and the size contents and placement are all in *.prf * being whatever name you chose. multiple windows are the best, i don't play without them

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎