X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phroggonalog
    Rookie
    • Feb 2008

Just for fun challenge!

Hey all! I was wondering if there are any standing challenges out there, or if anyone would be interested in one...such as get to at least level ## and/or depth xxxxft, with a max of 1...5...10, whatever regular character rolls, and/or restriction of Dunadan/High Elf classes?
  • Seany C
    Swordsman
    • Apr 2007

There's the Angband Competition pages (see the Links tab above) with a bi-monthly competition in a number of variants, if that counts...

Comment

• phroggonalog
      Rookie
      • Feb 2008

thank you, that helps -- I didn't look hard enough before, and I was thinking that if it would be anywhere it would be the Ladder tab...

anyway, those competitions look more serious and specific than what I had in mind -- I'd say if anyone is interested in a shorter, but more open competition, then reply here and we can think of something!

Comment

• nobody
        Apprentice
        • Jul 2007

i can envision something alot more informal, with people discussing strategy and giving tips to younger players. more like common experiences then competitions, altho it'd still be competative. i could envision things like kobold paladin diving fun, perhaps a warrior who uses nothing magical except for rods. here's a strange challenge, a character who won't pick up items without identifying them (a little monkish perhaps?) there's tons of these, and i think the way to distinguish ourselves from the competition would be to be alot more informal and talkitive

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎