Clear All
  • Slyph
    Rookie
    • Aug 2012

Borg does not launch on Windows 7

Hello everybody,

I tried launching a Borg but only got at the execution :

"Parse error in limits line 43 column 3 : undefined directive ..."

A quick search led me to some post from someone who did have the same problem (line 32 in his case, apparently there was something wrong with the file artifact.txt).

I would be grateful of any help!
  • Magnate
    Angband Devteam member
    • May 2007

Help us to help you:

- which version of Angband are you using? (shift-v)
    - where did you get it from? (post the link so we can try that version)
    - did you compile it yourself? just unzip it? some kind of package installer?

- did the borg come with it?
    - or did you download, configure and install the borg yourself?
    - if the latter, again, where did you get it from? (post the link)
    "Been away so long I hardly knew the place, gee it's good to be back home" - The Beatles

Comment

• Slyph
      Rookie
      • Aug 2012

Nothing special, latex version of Angband from rephial.org (3.3.2), bot from

I tried the option 1 from the BORGREAD (used the precompiled files), put the BORG.txt in /lib/user and replaced the angband.exe. Did i miss something?

Comment

• Magnate
        Angband Devteam member
        • May 2007

Originally posted by Slyph
        Nothing special, latex version of Angband from rephial.org (3.3.2), bot from

I tried the option 1 from the BORGREAD (used the precompiled files), put the BORG.txt in /lib/user and replaced the angband.exe. Did i miss something?
        Thank you - the problem is highlighted very clearly in the data you have provided: you are running the 3.2.0 borg with Angband 3.3.2

The solution is to download Angband 3.2.0 and run the borg with that - it should work out of the box.

3.4.0 will ship with the borg built-in, but it won't play quite as well as 3.2.0 because it hasn't kept up with some of the changes. It should work well enough though.

I don't think there is a borg that works with 3.3.2, though I'm not an expert.
        "Been away so long I hardly knew the place, gee it's good to be back home" - The Beatles

Comment

• Slyph
          Rookie
          • Aug 2012

That needed a comp reboot, but it now works perfectly. Thank you very much!
          12 years since i have known this game, i had no idea such a program (and an active community!) could exist.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎